Trade deadline rumors

bucsfan333

4 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Totally in for trading OJ Howard right now. I like him but he's a luxury player, we're not making the playoffs, and we already have two pro bowl WR's. Howard can only get so many looks here. He should get at least a 2nd round pick back, maybe first, in my opinion. Get a TE in the 4th-5th round next draft, and/or just sign a FA. 

I wouldn't give up more than a 3rd for Patrick Peterson. I haven't been watching him but I'd bet he's on the decline about now. But, I think we should make a trade for SOMEONE at CB, we obviously can't draft them worth ****. Although, I don't want to give up on Bunting or Dean quite yet. I think I'd rather make a trade for a good pass rusher instead of a CB and see what happens. 

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I would guess this is Brate's last season with us.

I feel ptetty strongly if they do trade Howard and almost certainly let VHIII go, Jason Licht will not be the GM for the next dtaft 

Yeah, I know the spin Licht got BA here and he signed an extension.  However, if the head coach tears down the roster the GM built, how good of a job did that GM do?    Didn t we just see a similiar scenerio in Oakland?

Finally, the Glazers have paid HCs not to coach.  A GM usually costs less then a HC.  Of course, they could always "promote" Licht within the organization and get another GM.  It would be unprecedented for a GM to take a QB 1 overall, have that QB not signed to a 2nd contract not due to injury and draft another QB in the first round.  

31 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

Totally in for trading OJ Howard right now. I like him but he's a luxury player, we're not making the playoffs, and we already have two pro bowl WR's. Howard can only get so many looks here. He should get at least a 2nd round pick back, maybe first, in my opinion. Get a TE in the 4th-5th round next draft, and/or just sign a FA. 

I wouldn't give up more than a 3rd for Patrick Peterson. I haven't been watching him but I'd bet he's on the decline about now. But, I think we should make a trade for SOMEONE at CB, we obviously can't draft them worth ****. Although, I don't want to give up on Bunting or Dean quite yet. I think I'd rather make a trade for a good pass rusher instead of a CB and see what happens. 

Pat Peterson in 2018 graded out as his best season as a pro. He will cost more than a third but im all for trading mid round picks for him

7 minutes ago, indifference said:

Pat Peterson in 2018 graded out as his best season as a pro. He will cost more than a third but im all for trading mid round picks for him

Oh, hmm. Well, this year's ****ed so, I don't really like the idea of making a trade for a CB for next years use. I'm sure another team in contention will offer something better than us anyway. 

Also, idk the source but we better be inquiring about Peterson. He should have a few good years left. This guy is elite still and would come right into the system with the same coaches he excelled. I’m down with giving a 2nd. Just have to keep the 1st. I’d tend to think the Cardinals wouldn’t want to trade him to us tho unless we overpaid because they are still salty we have Bruce as HC.

4 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

I’m obviously a big OJ Howard fan but unless we get a 1st you can’t trade him. He’s too good and on a very favorable contract. Mold the system to your players talents Bruce! You don’t need a WR3 with Mike, Godwin and OJ.

Dont see why Arians doesnt move Howard in the slot, sometimes.

11 hours ago, Lil' Shorty said:

I’m obviously a big OJ Howard fan but unless we get a 1st you can’t trade him. He’s too good and on a very favorable contract. Mold the system to your players talents Bruce! You don’t need a WR3 with Mike, Godwin and OJ.

I like Howard too but if we aren't using him there is no reason we should have him on the team and should get something for him in return.  Its just a waste of talent right now.

44 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

I like Howard too but if we aren't using him there is no reason we should have him on the team and should get something for him in return.  Its just a waste of talent right now.

He's the only TE on the team who can block worth a ****.