Trade deadline rumors

bucsfan333

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Favre had his best season in Minnesota where he lost in the playoffs to the Saints and their bounty program.

Also, Montana lost in the AFC championship to Buffalo where he got knocked out in the first half.

If by some crazy chance, Big Ben becomes available via trade.  Just sayin, not sayin 😎

3 hours ago, indifference said:

I dont give a damn about OBJ. Mike not going anywhere but TB in his prime.

We've converted too much of his contract to a signing bonus that would result in dead money if he was traded. Avoiding dead money is the only thing we're consistently the best at in the NFL.

Here s a question, trade deadline looming.  Who should go that could realistically get you a Day 2 picks?  For me, Day 3 picks are lottery tickets. If the pick hits great. but the chances of no return are extremely high.  I m not sure Brate could fetch a 3 rd.  

Now I would trade for Jackson from Cincy and pay him his 5th yr option over VHIII.  Only willing to go as high as a 3rd rounder only.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, YoungBucs15 said:

Heard there were calls on Darius Slay, wouldn't mind looking in that direction as well.  I think Carlton will develop, especially if he can guard the 2 while he learns.

Curious how much you willing to give up for Slay?  He has 1 yr left on his contract with a cap hit of 13.4 million.

Got a feeling he is going to want a new deal.  That s probably why he is available.  I m assuming a new deal is going to avg over 17 million per yr.

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

Curious how much you willing to give up for Slay?  He has 1 yr left on his contract with a cap hit of 13.4 million.

Got a feeling he is going to want a new deal.  That s probably why he is available.  I m assuming a new deal is going to avg over 17 million per yr.

He'd be cheaper picks-wise than Ramsey was. But his contract is gonna end up about the same. Slay is really good.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

So would you do it for a second this yr?

Personally, I think I would do it for a 2nd this year. Try to trade our 3 and one of the Comp picks to trade back into the second to select a O-line, if we pick a QB in the first or even if it was another O-line

Edited by xlfrosti
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

So would you do it for a second this yr?

We won't have the cap space until next season. And he could decide to walk then. He'll be 29 and looking for one last payday. He could be a free agent before we can get a deal done. Then it's up to him if he even wants to stay.

15 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

We won't have the cap space until next season. And he could decide to walk then. He'll be 29 and looking for one last payday. He could be a free agent before we can get a deal done. Then it's up to him if he even wants to stay.

So very similiar to the Rams and Ramsey.   I thought I read Ramsey would not hold out as long as he got a new deal.

This is a tough call for me, but I would pass.  I want to dedicate significant assets on both lines.  I just can t allocate that much cap space in the aecondary.  Also, if I give up a 2nd, trying to get a good pass rusher in the draft past the 2nd, the odds are not great.

Shaq Fu is going no where.  I would suspect he gets franchised   Nassib will end up between 6-8 sacks, so he is gonna cost at least 8 million per yr.  JPP is going to be interesting.  I want him back, but it is his choice.  His son lives in FL, and he has serious neck concerns.  Not sure what his market will be.  

Also, I look at what Adams has done to the secondary.  Just having a little vet experience back there has made a difference.  Not down on Edwards.  Tough for me to eat 18 million per yr in the secondary.