A little OJ in the morning

LoganF89

So its rumored that OJ Howard TE for the Bucs was put on the trade block. Kids 24, another bama guy. super talented but i just dont think hes a fit with Tampa. Former 19th overall pick. You guys have any interest in him? I would do a 4th for him. solve our TE need, at least 1 spot

1 hour ago, LoganF89 said:

So its rumored that OJ Howard TE for the Bucs was put on the trade block. Kids 24, another bama guy. super talented but i just dont think hes a fit with Tampa. Former 19th overall pick. You guys have any interest in him? I would do a 4th for him. solve our TE need, at least 1 spot

Maybe for a 4th.

I know what you've posted. What's the story on him in Tampa? Why isn't he a fit?

I’d actually do this. This guy came out and was productive I think he’s worth a shot. We need more offensive talent!!! Why put Haskins in until he has actual options to succeed with? Not that Haskins is ready but with some options on each level your gonna have to start him at some point to find out where our top 5 pick should go I wouldn’t be against a OJ Howard addition.

16 hours ago, mar29020 said:

sprinkle doesnt have huge upside imo.

I think his upside is considerably, but mostly an unknown.  Gruden's staff has been horrible about teaching any of our WRs/TEs to block.  So it is a surprise his blocking is even ok.  Yet at the same time, Gruden would only put sprinkle in the game on known running plays and barely got him involved in passing game.  Really, I think sprinkle has only been involved because Gruden's hand was forced by injuries.  

Bruce Arians is a big culture guy.  He's had a lot of coaching experience at big time college programs, and with the Steelers, an organization well known for their culture.  He did very well with the Cardinals with their culture, and him taking over for Chuck Pagano with the Colts speaks volumes as well.  If he's trading OJ Howard this early, that indicates to me that he is a player we should be avoiding, because there has to be a reason for it, right?  

But, since the culture is so damn good, he's likely to be someone we target.  

• Like 1