Akiem Hicks, 4 years $48mil extension

IronMike84

Let's put it this way...the Steelers just paid $12 million a year to Stephon Tuitt...I know which player I would rather have...

This is an excellent signing especially when you consider it to the AAV of $17.2 million that Muhammad Wilkerson got from the Jets.

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Let's put it this way...the Steelers just paid $12 million a year to Stephon Tuitt...I know which player I would rather have...

This is an excellent signing especially when you consider it to the AAV of $17.2 million that Muhammad Wilkerson got from the Jets.

Tuitt also just turned 24, so Pittsburgh is buying out his 20s

If you are going to sign 2nd tier upside free agents, you have to be willing to pay them when they work out.

Hicks was a homerun find in free agency at a cheap price. Extending him was a no brainer for his work on the field and in the locker room.

Solid price as well when you consider Malik Jackson got 15/year.

Great message to send to the locker room to. You better believe that guys like Wright, Wheaton, Cooper, etc see a guy getting rewarded before his cheaper deal was up.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

If you are going to sign 2nd tier upside free agents, you have to be willing to pay them when they work out.

Hicks was a homerun find in free agency at a cheap price. Extending him was a no brainer for his work on the field and in the locker room.

Solid price as well when you consider Malik Jackson got 15/year.

Great message to send to the locker room to. You better believe that guys like Wright, Wheaton, Cooper, etc see a guy getting rewarded before his cheaper deal was up.

Especially true when the running narrative is the Bears are cheap, and that Jeffrey was only out because of  it. This certainly discredits that.

Archived