Steelers DL Stephon Tuitt tears pec; out for year

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Minkah?  Really?   Not even top 5 for me.

He hasnt been terrible, but his game is sloppy.     He misses at least one tackle a game and he has taken some horrible angles on numerous plays.

Talent is there, but he needs more coaching.   Right now, Tuitt, Nelson, Watt, Cam and Hargrave are above him for me.   Probably tied for 6th with Devin Bush....both of whom need to start tackling better.   Cam Sutton needs more playing time too.   Probably our best coverage DB.   

He’s had a cumulative effect on the defense...the secondary has played better ever since he showed up...the whole defense to an extent....thatsvwhere my thought if it was.

Individually I’d go either Watt or even Dupree over him.

11 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Minkah?  Really?   Not even top 5 for me.

He hasnt been terrible, but his game is sloppy.     He misses at least one tackle a game and he has taken some horrible angles on numerous plays.

Talent is there, but he needs more coaching.   Right now, Tuitt, Nelson, Watt, Cam and Hargrave are above him for me.   Probably tied for 6th with Devin Bush....both of whom need to start tackling better.   Cam Sutton needs more playing time too.   Probably our best coverage DB.   

Steelers coaches confuse me as to why they rarely play him.  Every time he's gotten a chance he either makes a play or at the very least isn't making a back breaking mistake.  Plus he can play on both the outside and inside.

If they don't resign him after the 2020 season, he'll be an under the radar free agent that could turn into a star for someone else.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, VanS said:

Steelers coaches confuse me as to why they rarely play him.  Every time he's gotten a chance he either makes a play or at the very least isn't making a back breaking mistake.  Plus he can play on both the outside and inside.

If they don't resign him after the 2020 season, he'll be an under the radar free agent that could turn into a star for someone else.

Im seeing a repeat of how we handled keenan lewis. Flashed but never climbed the depth chart for god knows why. Leaves to saints and becomes a top 25 cb

• Like 1

10 hours ago, VanS said:

Especially considering there hasnt bern much talent in front of him.

This team has always made pathetic decisions regarding our secondary.  Especially sad considering Tomlin was a former high profile defensive backs coach.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Big Snack said:

Im seeing a repeat of how we handled keenan lewis. Flashed but never climbed the depth chart for god knows why. Leaves to saints and becomes a top 25 cb

this was a real low point for the FO for me. The secondary needed a legit CB and they let  him go only to try to make up for it with cortez allen and he flopped.  It has been about 6 years or so since this team had respectable CB play, lets see if the FO has learned their lesson in the pass happy nfl finally