MNF: Lions at Packers

Malfatron

who wins  

17 members have voted

1. 1. wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/15/2019 at 12:33 AM

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

This is a mentality that I've developed as well. I don't care if my team scores TDs or FGs: I want my team to win. If they score 0 TDs, 600 FGs and finish the season 16-0, I'm thrilled.

The Packers held a lead for 0 seconds. If the game was not ended by a bad call, the Lions likely kick another FG and win the game. That's the disappointing element.

It's just spin to direct attention away from what really was the difference in the game.

• Like 1

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

vigorous and strong; forceful

would you describe that shot as vigorous and strong?

If you can define a guy grabbing another guys shoulder pads and pushing back as hands to the face/neck area, then absolutely does that meet The definition to a tee. 

(you’re also choosing which specific definition to follow) 

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

No way is an NFL official going to call a glancing blow to the facemask like that. He would be throwing a flag every play.

But they DID! Years ago, when they gifted the Packers one more play after Rodgers' facemask was literally grazed. (That last play just so happened to be the infamous hail mary).

• Like 1

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Significant contact, are we calling every but of contact on DBs forceful because it causes a player's speed to change.

I know as a Packer fan you're used to seeing your team illegally pick players downfield on not get flags thrown. For the rest of us we do see those flags in those exact circumstances, because that's the rules.

1 minute ago, theuntouchable said:

If you can define a guy grabbing another guys shoulder pads and pushing back as hands to the face/neck area, then absolutely does that meet The definition to a tee. 

(you’re also choosing which specific definition to follow) 

Which definition makes more sense in that context? You know I'm correct in the interpretation of the word.

3 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

But they DID! Years ago, when they gifted the Packers one more play after Rodgers' facemask was literally grazed. (That last play just so happened to be the infamous hail mary).

I think everyone agrees the penalties they call on hits to a QB are soft. Lets not pretend that they use the same logic when talking about 2 lineman hitting each other.

Edited by KingOfTheNorth

Just now, Nnivolcm said:

I know as a Packer fan you're used to seeing your team illegally pick players downfield on not get flags thrown. For the rest of us we do see those flags in those exact circumstances, because that's the rules.

As a Lions fan I figured you would be used to utter failure, but it still seems to burn just as much.

There's no conspiracy against you. Your team isn't relevant enough to conspire against. 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Which definition makes more sense in that context? You know I'm correct in the interpretation of the word.

Considering his helmet was very clearly pushed up and back because of the contact, it should have been a penalty on Bahktari as well. 

I can pick and choose how to interpret the definitions just as you can.