MNF: Lions at Packers

Malfatron

who wins  

17 members have voted

1. 1. wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/15/2019 at 12:33 AM

9 minutes ago, Kenrik said:

I think in these quotes he was referring to the first call. That last quote with the photo is the 1st call.

That photo is from the 2nd call. 

someone had posted a video to the 2nd call and his response was that he didn’t even think that one was flagged. 

several general statements about hand placement. 

Edited by theuntouchable

1 hour ago, Damikeeeee said:

Ummm no. Just no 

Seriously? You think that was pass interference? The ball is in the receivers hands and then he gets forcefully contacted by the defender, or at worst they happen simultaneously. 

That's not pass interference, it's a pass breakup (and not even a very good one). You're not allowed to do much as a defender anymore, but you are still allowed to touch receivers and contest passes. Defenders don't just have to play the ball. 

insta.gif

Edited by Coffee & Contemplation

32 minutes ago, Coffee & Contemplation said:

Seriously? You think that was pass interference? The ball is in the receivers hands and then he gets forcefully contacted by the defender, or at worst they happen simultaneously. 

That's not pass interference, it's a pass breakup (and not even a very good one). You're not allowed to do much as a defender anymore, but you are still allowed to touch receivers and contest passes. Defenders don't just have to play the ball. 

insta.gif

😂😂😂😂 Just stop. With that view you can't ever see his hand NOT on the face time. 

2 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

Does anyone think the Tracy Walker penalty was a bad call? I get that Walker is in a horrible situation but that to me was an easy defenseless receiver call. I've seen it referenced as a bad call and I just don't see it. 

I hate the call for defenceless receiver when its clearly unintentional because it’s just not fair. He was making a play on the ball, as was the WR. Any helmet to helmet contact is just as risky for him as the WR, but the DB can be penalised for it when the WR can’t. That’s not right.

40 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Bad calls/ no calls happen in literally every game. 

Detroit kicked 5 FGs. Finish the drive and score TDs. 

This makes no sense and I'm not sure why posters think this is such a good defense. An offense was held to FG's due to it becoming more difficult to move the ball in the redzone and they get criticized because they didn't score TDs. Yes, they should have prob scored another TD or two, but that has ZERO meaning when the Refs are the reason why two of the Packers drive didn't end in a punt instead of a TD and the game winning FG in the 2nd half.

I'm sure the Lions would have loved a fresh set of downs instead of being forced to kick two of those field goals. Basically, it's like giving the Packers defense credit for holding the Lions offense to FGs while ignoring the fact that the Lions defense did the same thing to the Packers offense, but instead got phantom calls against them.

14 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

I hate the call for defenceless receiver when its clearly unintentional because it’s just not fair. He was making a play on the ball, as was the WR. Any helmet to helmet contact is just as risky for him as the WR, but the DB can be penalised for it when the WR can’t. That’s not right.

But you'd agree it's a good interpretation of the rule?