MNF: Lions at Packers

Malfatron

who wins  

17 members have voted

1. 1. wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/15/2019 at 12:33 AM

1 hour ago, Damikeeeee said:

😂😂😂😂 Just stop. With that view you can't ever see his hand NOT on the face time. 

... you can touch a receiver's face mask and it not be DPI or a face mask penalty. 

This doesn't meet the criteria for DPI or a face mask penalty. Contact is made when the ball arrives and the receiver isn't having their face mask pulled, or head turned in the slightest. 

Honestly, if that play is DPI or a face mask then there would be yellows flying on every passing play. 

Edited by Coffee & Contemplation

12 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

But you'd agree it's a good interpretation of the rule? 

I believe that is how it has been called for a while now, either way. But;

The rule says that a defender can't initiate contact with a defenseless receiver. It goes so far as to say, "Even if the defender is trying to separate the receiver from the ball".

So I guess the question is whether the defender is automatically initiating, regardless of intention. I actually don't know if that's the case. If so, good call. If not, based on the lettering of the defenseless receiver rule it seems like it pretty clearly requires intent to initiate contact.

Edited by nagahide13

everybody knows the lions lead the league in games they should have won

In the fourth quarter, the passing statistics tell the story: Stafford was only 1-of-6 passing for 7 yards
the lions drives in the 2nd half were:

3 plays for -3 yards
4 plays for 2 yards
5 plays for 6 yards
4 plays for 8 yards
6 plays for 16 yards

the only "successful"  drive covered 34 yards . So the lions would have needed to do something they hadn't done in in 6 consecutive tries:
Drive 50 + yards on offense.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Malfatron said:

imagine how good our offense would be if we didnt force teams to have to try to bend the rules to beat it

Terrible cherry picked stat to try and make a point.  It's not the Packers fault the other team commit penalties.  Also Rodgers likes to through it deep when he knows its a PI/holding or 12 men on field, leading to more PI penalties etc.  I see so many QB's who don't take advantage of this(I watch every single play of every single game) it blows my mind.  A lot of times a QB will see a DL jump than he throws the screen or a check down for a 4 yard gain.  Take the free shot, its ******* free!

Edited by waterfish_21
speeeling
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

everybody knows the lions lead the league in games they should have won

In the fourth quarter, the passing statistics tell the story: Stafford was only 1-of-6 passing for 7 yards
the lions drives in the 2nd half were:

3 plays for -3 yards
4 plays for 2 yards
5 plays for 6 yards
4 plays for 8 yards
6 plays for 16 yards

the only "successful"  drive covered 34 yards . So the lions would have needed to do something they hadn't done in in 6 consecutive tries:
Drive 50 + yards on offense.

Why are we assuming Crosby is automatic there? 

And how do you know where the drive starts?

32 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Wait. That's a generic calculation? Eh, I don't think that's valid when discussing the circumstances of a specific game.

Lol ok

A random guess is so much better im sure

You were ok with my randomly saying 30.49% but take issue when you find out it was generated using data from every NFL game in history? I'm actually laughing at the absurdity. :)

• Like 1