MNF: Lions at Packers

Malfatron

who wins  

17 members have voted

1. 1. wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/15/2019 at 12:33 AM

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Lol ok

A random guess is so much better im sure

You were ok with my randomly saying 30.49% but take issue when you find out it was generated using data from every NFL game in history? I'm actually laughing at the absurdity. :)

... yes. I think it's ridiculous assuming that those situations mean anything when considering Team A vs. Team B, especially when the Lions have a player like Prater, who is able to hit kicks from 60+ with regularity, or like Stafford, who is likely better than a large chunk of players that participated in those previous games.

2 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

... yes. I think it's ridiculous assuming that those situations mean anything when considering Team A vs. Team B, especially when the Lions have a player like Prater, who is able to hit kicks from 60+ with regularity, or like Stafford, who is likely better than a large chunk of players that participated in those previous games.

Gross, man. 

Worst take I've seen from you yet.

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Gross, man. 

Worst take I've seen from you yet.

My heart hurts.

Considering teams and circumstances are vastly different, the Lions' chance of success against the Packers in that scenario is likely vastly different than the "historical averages".

You seem to think of yourself pretty highly. Historically, where do you rate Prater as far as long range kickers? I'd argue that Stafford has been a fringe top 10 QB for the majority of his career. If we're talking "historical averages", he's likely better than a fair portion of the other QBs included in those numbers.

#MyWorstTake

5 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

My heart hurts.

Considering teams and circumstances are vastly different, the Lions' chance of success against the Packers in that scenario is likely vastly different than the "historical averages".

You seem to think of yourself pretty highly. Historically, where do you rate Prater as far as long range kickers? I'd argue that Stafford has been a fringe top 10 QB for the majority of his career. If we're talking "historical averages", he's likely better than a fair portion of the other QBs included in those numbers.

#MyWorstTake

I think highly of data and lowly of n=1 anecdotes.

9 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

You say anecdote. I say logic and reasoning. Tomayto, tomahto.

Such an inane take. 

Go write a thesis and include every variable from this game then to form a better percentage. Short of doing that, your criticism of the available data is mind-numbingly pathetic.

Of course not every variable is accounted for in PFR's awesome calculator, but suggesting your (comparatively) baseless opinion (or any other person's) is in any way superior is straight up laughable.

Just now, incognito_man said:

Such an inane take. 

Go write a thesis and include every variable from this game then to form a better percentage. Short of doing that, your criticism of the available data is mind-numbingly pathetic.

Of course not every variable is accounted for in PFR's awesome calculator, but suggesting your (comparatively) baseless opinion (or any other person's) is in any way superior is straight up laughable.

No, what's inane is pretending that having one of the best distance kickers in NFL history, as well as a very good NFL QB, is irrelevant when considering historical data. Those factors, as well as others, matter significantly.

Gosh darn opinions.

3 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

No, what's inane is pretending that having one of the best distance kickers in NFL history, as well as a very good NFL QB, is irrelevant when considering historical data. Those factors, as well as others, matter significantly.

Gosh darn opinions.

Headbangswall.gif

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

This is your thesis, I'm not interested in being first author. I don't care enough.

Ouch. Volumes were spoken that day.

(By the way, I don't need to prove anything. I believe that Prater is one of the best distance kickers of all time. I think most non-Packers fans would agree. As a result, he's a much greater asset in this situation than what the clear majority of those other teams had access to. Therefore, that "historical average" would be inaccurate to this game.)

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Ouch. Volumes were spoken that day.

(By the way, I don't need to prove anything. I believe that Prater is one of the best distance kickers of all time. I think most non-Packers fans would agree. As a result, he's a much greater asset in this situation than what the clear majority of those other teams had access to. Therefore, that "historical average" would be inaccurate to this game.)

Yep, that's the only variable.

Submit to M.I.T. Sloan for award.