Jump to content
Malfatron

MNF: Lions at Packers

who wins  

17 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. wins


  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/15/2019 at 12:33 AM

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

You need to move it back farther. The entire point was that their lack of second half yards was a byproduct of conservative play and wouldn't be an accurate comparison to how they'd play with 1:30 left, down by 1. That was this entire conversation.

Move what back farther? You said something and I showed how you were wrong. The Lions didn't become "much more conservative as the game moved forward." I mean, this is basically how this conversation went:

  • Me: I'm not sure how well they'd be able to move the ball with 1:30 left, down by 1, because they had trouble moving the ball all 2nd half.
  • You: That's because they became "much more conservative as the game moved forward."
  • Me: No they didn't, and here's the proof
Edited by childofpudding

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

Move what back farther? You said something and I showed how you were wrong. The Lions didn't become "much more conservative as the game moved forward." I mean, this is basically how this conversation went:

  • Me: I'm not sure how well they'd be able to move the ball with 1:30 left, down by 1, because they had trouble moving the ball all 2nd half.
  • You: That's because they became "much more conservative as the game moved forward."
  • Me: No they didn't, and here's the proof.

You: "I'm not sure how well they'd be able to move the ball, because they had trouble in the second half."

Me: "That's largely due to increasingly conservative play."

You: "They were equally conservative in both halves."

Me: "So... you... agree that they're lack of production is likely due to conservative play, and they wouldn't have played that way with 1:30 left, down by 1?"

That's my entire point. Outside of a few big plays, they weren't overly productive in the first half either, because they didn't need to force anything as the game moved forward. They clearly wouldn't have played like that down by 1 late in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

You: "I'm not sure how well they'd be able to move the ball, because they had trouble in the second half."

Me: "That's largely due to increasingly conservative play."

You: "They were equally conservative in both halves."

Me: "So... you... agree that they're lack of production is likely due to conservative play, and they wouldn't have played that way with 1:30 left, down by 1?"

That's my entire point. Outside of a few big plays, they weren't overly productive in the first half either, because they didn't need to force anything as the game moved forward. They clearly wouldn't have played like that down by 1 late in the game.

That's two different statements. Your first one was the one I proved wrong. Good try moving the goalposts down 30 with 1:30 left to play...

Anyway, as I said earlier in the thread, I think we are quibbling over minor details. I agree with you that simply listing a generic percentage with no thought on context is a bad idea. We may just disagree slightly on how much to change that percentage. I might say raise it to 33%, you might say 35% or 36%. It doesn't really matter that much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Guys, its Thursday. Time to let it go. 

This thread deserves to be prolonged given how badly the refs cheated the Lions out of a win and how much the refs have helped the Packers this season.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JustAnotherFan said:

This thread deserves to be prolonged given how badly the refs cheated the Lions out of a win and how much the refs have helped the Packers this season.. 

This is prolonged. Its Thursday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@TL-TwoWinsAway Brett Maher is the best distance kicker in NFL history

On 10/16/2019 at 9:13 PM, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Here. I'm curious. Do you feel that Prater is one of the best distance kickers in NFL history?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Cool. So you agree that Prater is one of the best distance kickers in NFL history?

Like I said before, yes.

5 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

Because he kicked one a yard shorter than Prater?

Because he has the most 60+ yd FGs in NFL History

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

Like I said before, yes.

Because he has the most 60+ yd FGs in NFL History

O this is a thing... I'll back out

Edited by nagahide13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2019 at 11:05 PM, Matts4313 said:

This is prolonged. Its Thursday

and now its Monday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×