Is the NFL rigged?

Millenhater

What I don't understand is how you can call a flag on something that you don't know for sure is a penalty. It's one thing if you miss a call because you don't see it. I'm at least OK with that because you're human. But if you throw the flag on something that you think *might* be a penalty or you can't really see it well, that's a problem. You should only throw the flag on a penalty that you can clearly see is a penalty. I'm not sure what could've made it look like Trey Flowers had illegal hands to the face if you had a clear angle on where his hands were. And if you didn't then you can't throw the flag, plain and simple. It's really a terrible situation when you are guessing -- your job is to only call the ones you see. People will criticize you for the ones you miss but at least that's understandable to a degree because you're human. 

1 minute ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

We could if that wasnt cropped to edit out hands to the face the other way.

Soft or looking for something?

The hands were in the neck area. The ref can call a flag after that if he thinks it's signficant enough. Soft flags are a thing. If Flowers didn't want the call, he should have kept his hands lower

6 minutes ago, lancerman said:

The hands were in the neck area. The ref can call a flag after that if he thinks it's signficant enough. Soft flags are a thing. If Flowers didn't want the call, he should have kept his hands lower

Sweet, you sound like you're from a football family.

Soft one at that.

10 minutes ago, lancerman said:

That's not how officiating is supposed to work. I can't fathom why some Packers fans are defending officials. It's ludicrous. They aren't on your team. You hated them until today. Stop it.

9 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

That's not how officiating is supposed to work. I can't fathom why some Packers fans are defending officials. It's ludicrous. They aren't on your team. You hated them until today. Stop it.

Pretty sure that's a Pat Fan that hates on Stafford but rarely watches him play.

4 hours ago, Millenhater said:

Having just watched the Lions get jobbed AGAIN, does anyone think that perhaps the NFL is rigged?  Why is it that certain franchises always and I mean ALWAYS have the bad luck of blown calls?

Call it the Jordan effect or whatever but if you’re  a Lions fan and it happens repeatedly how can you come away with any other thought than the league doesn’t want you to win?

If your franchise is snakebiten what are your thoughts?

Do you have any idea how many people would have to be in on a rigging scheme? And how much money and PRISON time would result if it got out? Do you think all the people that would have to know about it would be able to keep it a secret? That no one that doesn't need to know wouldn't stumble upon it? This is a ludicrous idea

1 hour ago, mse326 said:

Do you have any idea how many people would have to be in on a rigging scheme? And how much money and PRISON time would result if it got out? Do you think all the people that would have to know about it would be able to keep it a secret? That no one that doesn't need to know wouldn't stumble upon it? This is a ludicrous idea

The risk hasn't stopped it from happening in other sports... How do we know it doesn't happen in the NFL and no one has been caught yet? I'm not saying it does happen... But it's certainly possible.