Is the NFL rigged?

Millenhater

Having just watched the Lions get jobbed AGAIN, does anyone think that perhaps the NFL is rigged?  Why is it that certain franchises always and I mean ALWAYS have the bad luck of blown calls?

Call it the Jordan effect or whatever but if you’re  a Lions fan and it happens repeatedly how can you come away with any other thought than the league doesn’t want you to win?

If your franchise is snakebiten what are your thoughts?

The NFL definitely "wants" certain teams to win, but it's not rigged.

Every team feels like they get jobbed. Some teams get jobbed harder than others. Sometimes the refs just flat out blow it and completely job a specific game, like tonight.

Officials need to be held more accountable, and that's tough.

• Like 8

This is what I will say:

I wouldn't be totally shocked if there was some really rich person with a lot of money on this game and those refs were given a decent sum of money to help the Packers win where they could get away with it. I wouldn't be surprised if this has happened before either and the NFL found out and covered it up.

That being said - I don't think the NFL is rigged.

• Like 1

Yes, the NFL is rigged. They told you as much after that guy who lived in NYC sued them. 

"We only guaranteed you a seat to the game not that it was fair"

Or something to that effect. I never looked at the NFL the same again after reading that statement. It has been officially WWE ever since to me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, patriotsheatyan said:

IMO there are too many moving parts on the field for officials to possibly handle in real time and most officiating should just be done remotely. They could eliminate 90% of mistakes without disrupting the games speed.

So much this.

They legit should have a team of like 5 replay booth refs for each game who are in constant radio contact with the on the field officials who are ready to tell them that they made a wrong call (Whether it be a penalty or whether or not something was a catch, turnover, etc) right away. Minimal delays and more correct officiating. 

Edit: Each replay official basically has views of many different angles and can instantly put a play in slow mo if they so choose.

Edited by Bolts223
  • Like 4

Rigged, no.

But refs are either just way too easily influenced by the crowd, or favour certain teams. Seattle, KC and GB especially get insane officiating at home. And it’s always the same handful getting the worst - Browns and Lions have insane bad luck.

Remember that time a Browns player was standing next to the ref holding a fumble he just recovered, and the refs award the ball to the other side? It’s crazy how it happens all the time.

Just now, ChazStandard said:

Rigged, no.

But refs are either just way too easily influenced by the crowd, or favour certain teams. Seattle, KC and GB especially get insane officiating at home. And it’s always the same handful getting the worst - Browns and Lions have insane bad luck.

Remember that time a Browns player was standing next to the ref holding a fumble he just recovered, and the refs award the ball to the other side? It’s crazy how it happens all the time.

Lions getting screwed by the Refs against the Packers has happened so many times it's almost comical at this point.

4 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

So much this.

They legit should have a team of like 5 replay booth refs for each game who are in constant radio contact with the on the field officials who are ready to tell them that they made a wrong call (Whether it be a penalty or whether or not something was a catch, turnover, etc) right away. Minimal delays and more correct officiating. 

Edit: Each replay official basically has views of many different angles and can instantly put a play in slow mo if they so choose.

Wouldnt even need 5. Just 1 or 2. A couple on the field to spot the balls, do the mechanics. Rest of it done remote

• Like 1

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Wouldnt even need 5. Just 1 or 2. A couple on the field to spot the balls, do the mechanics. Rest of it done remote

I'm thinking 5 just to have every angle possible looked at in a matter of seconds so the game isn't significantly slowed down.