Is the NFL rigged?

Millenhater

6 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

If they never showed replays, then most of this wouldn't be discussed.

Since they show replays all the time in HD and slow motion, they are going to have to employ that tech into making better calls  on the field somehow. I don't expect the nfl to do it until they are being severely criticized  and possibly losing ratings and fanbase.

I’d be completely fine with it. I think that technology has definitely overcomplicated things. If this is going to be WWE, why pretend that we’re going to get things right and stop wasting our time. The WWE doesn’t have challenged calls. 

The other reason is the fans at the game. They have access to the jumbtron in stadiums that shows them in HD in slow motion so the ALL can see what people on TV can see. This essentially puts the refs on the spot but they can't do anything about it once they make the wrong call. The answer to all this is to  be able to change the call, simple as that. It would only take 30 seconds at the max, hopefully 10 seconds. They would have to decide on how this interrupts the game, clock management etc. That in itself will take a few years fro the nfl, as they try to decide what a football move is , what a catch is etc. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I’d be completely fine with it. I think that technology has definitely overcomplicated things. If this is going to be WWE, why pretend that we’re going to get things right and stop wasting our time. The WWE doesn’t have challenged calls. 

maybe the XFL will go back to the old way, no replays and letting the refs call the game and that's it. Imagine if everyone gave up on the nfl because of the refs and concern of games being rigged like wwe, then only to watch football from wwe owner himself :S

Would you say that Flowers penalty could have been reversed within 15 seconds?

Edited by 3rivers
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lancerman said:

They can't. Baseball is very black and white and has far less judgment and subjectivity to it. 

Simply making the person doing the reviews a ref would solve that no?  In baseball the umps aren't the ones making the call they just listen and do what they're told.  No reason it can't be the same for the NFL.  Most of us can decide on a play before the ref even puts the head set on.  Every play should be reviewable and it should be done by a paid ref offsite.  That way the ref walks over talks for 10 seconds and they move on.  It's really not that hard.

I don't think the NFL is rigged, but rather they don't know what to do with the amount of human error taking place and/or don't care enough to make any sort of change in a timely manner.

We honestly don't know what goes on behind closed doors, but I'm pretty sure those billionaires (at least not all of them) wouldn't want to risk any sort of legal problems because they are cheating a business that makes them a ton of money and is in the spotlight half the year (pre-season, regular season, post season, draft) when they don't have to.

I think it's hilarious this thread popped up because the Packers didn't cover last night. They were -3 and won by 1. The under hit by 1 point also. 

Also, if you were going to rig games, why do a Monday night football game when everyone is watching? Seems like the worst time to do it

On 10/15/2019 at 12:50 AM, SWATcha said:

Hilarious. Both of those calls directly affected the game by keeping the ball in GBs hands and giving automatic 1st downs. Way to be a complete homer 🙄

The first hands to the face, according to an announcement by the NFL on Tuesday, was the correct call.  If they don't call the second one we would still be able to kick a FG there to take the lead.

I find it curious that folks are declaring we get all the calls in our favor.  Fail Mary says hello.

Edited by Pugger

22 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

That's not how officiating is supposed to work. I can't fathom why some Packers fans are defending officials. It's ludicrous. They aren't on your team. You hated them until today. Stop it.

Packers fans know the officiating in the league sucks these days.  But I'll say this - if YOUR team was the beneficiary of those calls last night you wouldn't be complaining.  Every team gets jobbed and every team gets breaks.  If this game wasn't on national TV nobody but NFCN fans would be talking about it.

• Like 1