Is the NFL rigged?

Millenhater

6 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

Yes, the NFL is rigged. They told you as much after that guy who lived in NYC sued them. 

"We only guaranteed you a seat to the game not that it was fair"

Or something to that effect. I never looked at the NFL the same again after reading that statement. It has been officially WWE ever since to me.

If the NFL was rigged you wouldn't hear about from conspiracy nutjobs, you'd hear it from refs, former officials etc. It would basically be the WWE but it's not because you cannot fake incompetence like the NFL does. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bolts223 said:

Honestly if I was the owner of the Lions I would sue the Refs union and the NFL for material damage based on how many times the Lions have been screwed in games against the Packers.

Can you name one other play where the Lions got screwed during a Packers game? This is getting comical at this point... 

• Like 1

This forum is predicated on fans being reactionary, and in turn, threads like these are all about timing. Tonight set a bad example for the officiating staff and because of that people will overreact. 

A week from now, most people will forget all about it. If the Packers make the playoffs, most people will forget how they got there as well.

As in a team is pre-determined the winner? No chance. You’ll never get an entire roster, all coaches, and refs to buy into one side to ever make this possible.

If the league were rigged, the biggest market area teams would be winning most of the superbowls. Like the Rams, Raiders, Giants, Jets, and all the Florida teams that blow. Packers fans are diehards who will give NFL their views and money no matter how bad they suck; there is little benefit in making them their horse.

2 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

Honestly if I was the owner of the Lions I would sue the Refs union and the NFL for material damage based on how many times the Lions have been screwed in games against the Packers.

What would be the chances of YOU suing your owners and winning in court?

Just now, JustAnotherFan said:

This forum is predicated on fans being reactionary, and in turn, threads like these are all about timing. Tonight set a bad example for the officiating staff and because of that people will overreact. 

A week from now, most people will forget all about it. If the Packers make the playoffs, most people will forget how they got there as well.

I do think that it is likely but I think if this ultimately ends up being what decides the division it could be remembered more.

3 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

I do think that it is likely but I think if this ultimately ends up being what decides the division it could be remembered more.

I'm a Bears fan and I have watched every Packer game this season and I damn sure won't forget about the bull**** calls. But most will.

Edited by JustAnotherFan

6 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

If the NFL was rigged you wouldn't hear about from conspiracy nutjobs, you'd hear it from refs, former officials etc. It would basically be the WWE but it's not because you cannot fake incompetence like the NFL does. 

Perhaps, but that's how I view it. Just see the same 5 teams getting marched up the field when the chips are down. At least we know for sure the NBA is rigged. Tim Donagey (sp) told us that. And I believe its more than a few rogue refs.

7 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Can you name one other play where the Lions got screwed during a Packers game? This is getting comical at this point... 

Yes, the pinky face mask call.

The Matt Flynn game that got screwed as well on TD reversal.

I've had a few drinks but it isnt just the Pack, the league looks down on bad franchises until they have enough talent to overcome.

But tonight was extra special for the Pack.

6 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

No, reffing is just difficult and NFL does not invest nearly as much as they should into training refs, nor do they utilize the technology we have that could make reffing more consistent.

They have more technology available to them than we see on TV and that still hasn't changed anything. In fact, it's getting worse. The problem lies within the organization itself and being unwilling to come to an agreement to hire full time refs out of fear of losing more money to salaries and pensions. 

Edited by JustAnotherFan

Threads like these are so useless. Saying the NFL has an officiating problem or is rigged is like saying we have a police problem in this country. The NFL is a game of inches and instantaneous moments. Officiating and regulating it will never be a perfect science. It's just the nature of the beast. 

If you want don't want the referees to decide the outcome of a game, you just have to play well enough to compensate for any discrepancies in how the game gets called.

With that said, the Lions absolutely should have a bitter feeling in their mouths after tonight. Those calls were cringe..

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Detroit never forgets, dude. It’s such a regular occurrence.