Is the NFL rigged?

Millenhater

At least there’s too many players in football for the players to rig it. Basketball too many times, one teams over/under will be like 115 or whatever, they are at 114, and miss every shot for the final six minutes with some being wide wide open shots and finish at 114. 

I saw this happen multiple times last year. 

Like I said, all sports are rigged. 

4 minutes ago, DannyB said:

I would like to point out that for EVERY other game and team, barring a small handful of exceptions, when you complain about bad calls everybody just goes "quit crying about the refs, your team should have overcome it". I wonder why that isn't the case tonight.

everyone’s complaining about the reffing in a game my team won

must be a conspiracy against my team

6 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Because tonight was extra horrific 

I think it only seems that way because the replays tell the story. In real time I can at least understand the call. It was quick in the action, it looked like hands to the face. It's not like the ref was finding something completely phantom, which HAS happened plenty of times this year. I think it was more the point in the game it happened, and the fact that on replay it was pretty clear (at least the shots that the broadcast played).

1 minute ago, DannyB said:

I think it only seems that way because the replays tell the story. In real time I can at least understand the call. It was quick in the action, it looked like hands to the face. It's not like the ref was finding something completely phantom, which HAS happened plenty of times this year. I think it was more the point in the game it happened, and the fact that on replay it was pretty clear (at least the shots that the broadcast played).

I would agree if Trey only got flagged once. But an identical phantom call, on the same guy, both in the 4th quarter, both on failed 3rd down conversions. This has to be unprecedented.

18 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

It shouldn't matter that they didn't.

They literally still win the game if not for terrible officiating.

The Packers deserve to lose the game more for all of those things you just mentioned.

It was still over 6 minutes left in  that game and we still had 3 timeouts with the two minute warning which is an eternity in the NFL when they blew that first call that got us the first down. With that much time left there's no guarantee the Lions would've won that game. We could've punted and got the ball right back with plenty of time to score.  Still too much time on the clock for you guys to make the assumption that Detroit would have won that game beyond a shadow of doubt

Edited by St Vince

19 minutes ago, St Vince said:

It was still over 6 minutes left in  that game and we still had 3 timeouts with the two minute warning which is an eternity in the NFL when they blew that first call that got us the first down. With that much time left there's no guarantee the Lions would've won that game. We could've punted and got the ball right back with plenty of time to score.  Still too much time on the clock for you guys to make the assumption that Detroit would have won that game beyond a shadow of doubt

Punting it to the other team and down by two scores with six minutes left and you have plenty of time?

lol

4 minutes ago, patriotsheatyan said:

Punting it to the other team and down by two scores with six minutes left and you have plenty of time?

lol

Dude are you kidding?  Down two scores and over 6 minutes with 3 timeouts is a lot of time for Rodgers lol. Like I said still no guarantee they win and I'm sticking with it.  5-1

It's not rigged. You just tend to notice bad calls against underdog teams more than the ones that go against the favoured side. You typically notice them more because they often prove to be more costly. Good teams usually overcome such calls. This is a sport universal - If you're a basketball or soccer fan I'm sure you've noticed it there. Rugby is my second sport & I've sure as hell noticed it there too. Different sport, same conspiracy theories. 

40 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

At least there’s too many players in football for the players to rig it. Basketball too many times, one teams over/under will be like 115 or whatever, they are at 114, and miss every shot for the final six minutes with some being wide wide open shots and finish at 114. 

I saw this happen multiple times last year. 

Like I said, all sports are rigged. 

Is that why you spend half your day on a dedicated forum to discuss the analytics of it?

11 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

Is that why you spend half your day on a dedicated forum to discuss the analytics of it?

Not every game is rigged and I love football. I should boycott one of my main hobbies because some games rigged which is absolutely unavoidable in professional sports? Not sure why you care what I do to be honest, and didn’t have much value on the thread. It was almost like you got offended. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Small Town Values said:

It's not rigged. You just tend to notice bad calls against underdog teams more than the ones that go against the favoured side. You typically notice them more because they often prove to be more costly. Good teams usually overcome such calls. This is a sport universal - If you're a basketball or soccer fan I'm sure you've noticed it there. Rugby is my second sport & I've sure as hell noticed it there too. Different sport, same conspiracy theories. 

Nice, ref just said Lions player would have still been called for helmet to helmet even if he picked off the pass.

Totally on the level.