Is the NFL rigged?

Millenhater

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

The inconsistency is appalling. The blatant lack of enforcement of rules goes the next level and insults our intelligence. Incompetence is one thing...this is something entirely different. This is WWE. 

I hate to break it to you but unfortunately all human beings are inconsistent. Quarterbacks throw interceptions. Offensive tackles miss blocks. Linebackers miss tackles. Refs miss calls.

There has always and will always be inconsistency.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, waterfish_21 said:

The game plays out differently based on what calls are made.  If the sack happens who says the Packers don't go for it and get a TD anyways.  Your doing the same thing by assuming Packers lose if the refs get the calls right as people are saying the refs won this game for the Pack.  Bottom line is Detroit should of had a minute and a half to drive for a game winning score.  The way they were playing in the 2nd half who knows what happens.  The Packers didn't win this because of the refs, but the Lions did lose this to the Refs, there is a difference here.

Both drives that the Packers scored a TD on were extended by the refs when the Lions had them stopped. The final face mask penalty ended the game. There was also the EXTREMELY questionable overturn on the catch and fumble. It’s not like this was one single play the Lions got screwed on, it was multiple. 

5 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

Both drives that the Packers scored a TD on were extended by the refs when the Lions had them stopped. The final face mask penalty ended the game. There was also the EXTREMELY questionable overturn on the catch and fumble. It’s not like this was one single play the Lions got screwed on, it was multiple. 

Just to clarify, do you mean the 12 men on the field call on the field goal that led to the Jamaal TD? Or was the first hands to the face on that drive? I thought it was on the long pass to Lazard drive

Is the NFL rigged?  No not by the NFL itself.

Is it reasonable to assume that certain referees are influenced by outside factors when it comes to determining the outcome of a football game?  Absolutely.

It happened with the NBA so it'd be very naive to think that the NFL is immune to these kinds of things.  The officiating has been piss poor for a while now and certain crews are worse than others, but overall it is very bad.

The NFL has a real problem and I think it starts with Alberto Riveron.  He is terrible.  I can't believe I'm saying this but things were a lot better when Mike Pereira was running the officiating.

The NFL will lose a lot of casual fans if this type of stuff keeps up.

Edited by topwop1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Just to clarify, do you mean the 12 men on the field call on the field goal that led to the Jamaal TD? Or was the first hands to the face on that drive? I thought it was on the long pass to Lazard drive

The third down play when Graham got the call but actually just fell down.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I think that was on the same drive but I could be wrong. I do think the first one was a legit call tho as I think that is the one that there is a still photo floating around that clearly shows Flowers hand up underneath the helmet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theuntouchable said:

I think that was on the same drive but I could be wrong. I do think the first one was a legit call tho as I think that is the one that there is a still photo floating around that clearly shows Flowers hand up underneath the helmet.

It's kind of a shame because if that game ending call wasn't a 3rd down, or a final drive, I don't think there is nearly as much heat on it. So do we change what we call depending on where you are in the game? 

Not defending the refs, but I just don't know anymore. 

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

It's kind of a shame because if that game ending call wasn't a 3rd down, or a final drive, I don't think there is nearly as much heat on it. So do we change what we call depending on where you are in the game? 

Nah, just don't make minor calls like that an automatic first down. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

Totally understand that view point as well. With the number of stoppages and everything else it’d be hard to add even more. There’s always going to be mistakes regardless. As you start adding on ways for things to “get better” it will inevitably uncover more and more plays that should be reviewed or scrutinized etc etc. 

From my perspective, there should be some way to review something like that and say yea we’re not gonna do it that way. A ref up in the booth with access to all angles? Idk because it could still open up a bigger can of worms.