Week 7 GDT - Washington Redskins vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Well, I think most on here would have been fine just splitting with the Browns/Rams, but instead we handed out two beat downs. That was fun.

On to the Redskins. It will be an East Coast trip and we know those can be struggles. But overall if we are truly one of the elite teams in the league, we should handle business. 

I will say, the Redskins may be 1-5, but that front is pretty damn solid and they can get after the QB. We gotta get the run game rolling to slow down their pass rush or Jimmy G will be prone to taking some hits again.

I want to see Deebo get back on track a bit and start flashing like he did to start the season. Pettis made some nice plays last game and one of these games he will break one deep, could it be this game? 

McLaurin matched up against Moseley would be fun, especially with how much Keenum targets him. 

There's not much to say about this game. As long as we don't crap the bed and have a big letdown, this should be a double digit win.

SF 38 WAS 10 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Welp, I see that Deebo is questionable for the game with a groin injury? That sucks.

Doubt he plays then as Shanahan won't want to risk him here. 

No reason to play him, honestly. The net difference between all of our receivers is so negligible it's kind of funny.  Deebo sits, Matthews in, nothing changes lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

No reason to play him, honestly. The net difference between all of our receivers is so negligible it's kind of funny.  Deebo sits, Matthews in, nothing changes lol

It will change a little. Probably wont see the gadget type plays we run out of the backfield for Deebo. James could do some of the WR screen stuff probably. But I'm actually looking forward to seeing how Matthews looks in the offense tbh.

This is a get right game. Not a tone to get right on this team right now. Get the run game back on track and let's see some shots deep. I want to see Pettis build on his game and if Deebo doesn't play I am very interested to see Matthews, James and Bourne get some looks. Defense should continue to eat in this game and Keenum will gift you a couple of opportunities a game to get a TO. Get in his face and force bad decision. Keenum does move decent so it will be important to contain the edges. Expect a steady dose of AP. While he isn't as dominant as he once was, he will still ruin your day if you don't gang tackle.

I look for a huge day from Coleman and the defense.

41-10 49ers

If Deebo sits I could see this as a 2019 breakout gm for Pettis...we can dream right? :) also I think we will win this gm not cuz we're just so much better...our defense won't let us lose this gm. Even if Jimmy decides to go full u know what. Don't care about score so much as I want 1 gm where we come out healthy.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

How is Montez Sweat doing for the 'skins? He was my consolation prize in a tradedown (if we missed out on Bosa) as only other DL I wanted in the 1st round. 

Not great thus far from what I've read. Couple of sacks I think, but not producing regular pressures

• Chris Thompson has been diagnosed with turf toe.

Per NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, Thompson's case is "mild," but that his Week 7 availability is in "some doubt." We would say it's in major doubt. Davante Adams had 10 days to get ready for the Packers' Week 5 game against the Cowboys and still couldn't get cleared. He remained sidelined eight days later for Week 6. The Redskins' first practice report will come Wednesday.

Oct 15, 2019, 4:00 PM ET

•  

3 hours ago, oldman9er said:
  • Chris Thompson has been diagnosed with turf toe.

Per NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, Thompson's case is "mild," but that his Week 7 availability is in "some doubt." We would say it's in major doubt. Davante Adams had 10 days to get ready for the Packers' Week 5 game against the Cowboys and still couldn't get cleared. He remained sidelined eight days later for Week 6. The Redskins' first practice report will come Wednesday.

Oct 15, 2019, 4:00 PM ET

•  

Basically if we just need to stop AP. 

13 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Welp, I see that Deebo is questionable for the game with a groin injury? That sucks.

Doubt he plays then as Shanahan won't want to risk him here. 

I went and watched it again, non contact injury. I think it would be good to rest kittle too, depending. I dont want to take the redskins lightly, but I also dont want to have kittle's injury linger either. Just sit the guy if he is not 100%. With that being said, I would hope that the redskins would be smarter than to put Landon Collins on him like the giants did last year. Considering Greg Manusky is their DC, I am not sure they are smart enough lol 

I honestly think a few weeks off will be good for Samuels mentally. He hasnt seemed like things have clicked for him. sometimes a week or two where you watch from the sidelines is helpful for a rookie. It can help slow the game down for you a little bit. Its obviously not better than if he was on the field, but hitting the reset button can have its benefits. I dont want to call him a disappointment, but he hasnt lived up to expectations. He needs to play better. 

As others have said, this is Pettis' game. He gained some major confidence last week, you could see him start to play with fire. Hes starting to make tougher catches too. 

Their front 7 is very stout. They have a lot of defensive talent. Its a 10am game on the east coast. I dont want to take them lightly. LETS KEEP STACKING WINS

Never really thought east coast time starts were a huge deal. There was a time period from 1995 to 2001 where the 49ers had to travel to New Orleans, St. Louis, Carolina, and Atlanta as their division away games. They usually were fine winning most of these games simply because they were just a better team. This issue has only become a talking point within the last decade.

31 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Never really thought east coast time starts were a huge deal. There was a time period from 1995 to 2001 where the 49ers had to travel to New Orleans, St. Louis, Carolina, and Atlanta as their division away games. They usually were fine winning most of these games simply because they were just a better team. This issue has only become a talking point within the last decade.

Probably because there is historical data showing a lower than expected success rate