Week 7 GDT - Washington Redskins vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, Redskins front is rock solid and can get to Jimmy G. Next two weeks are going to be pretty tough on Jimmy G with this banged up OL.

Run game has to be much better this week. 

Redskins' strength on defense is definitely its defensive line, but that's about it. Jimmy will still need to get the ball out quickly and accurately to slow down the pass rush, but even so, the pass rush is below league average in sacks. 

I think this is the week the 49ers get their run game back on track. The Redskins are giving up about 135 yards a game at 4.2 yards per attempt. They've also given up the 5th most rushing yards in the NFL so far. All 3 backs should be getting their chances to break a big one in this game.

As for their passing defense, their corners are awful and should be exploited on a regular basis when throwing the ball is needed. They give up a ton of completions and have given up the 10th most passing yards in the NFL. The 49ers should be moving the ball at will on almost every drive this weekend. Self-inflicted mistakes will be their biggest challenge on offense.

As for the Redskins offense, they want and will run the ball a ton this weekend. Of the 49ers' rushing defense and passing defense, the rushing defense is worse, but we're still talking about being 6th in the league in stopping the run as opposed to be 1st in stopping the pass. The 49ers' should be able to force the Redskins into high-pressure, low-percentage down and distances, which will force Keenum to beat the 49ers with his arm. That plays perfectly into the strength of the 49ers' defense. 

32-10 win prediction for me.

The Panthers' pass rush is going to give the 49ers their biggest test of the season as the Panthers' defense, especially their pass rush, is no joke. But, there is some optimism that Staley will be back for this game. That takes Brunskill off the field and puts Skule in at RT. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, y2lamanaki said:

^That means Wilson, Julian Taylor, and Jordan Matthews will all be active Sunday whether Mostert is active or not.

I mean Wilson is pretty much a lock to be active now with Juice Check out....And will be a lock to sit on the bench when Shanny decides to go with Coleman at the GL!!!

Edited by J-ALL-DAY
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

Shanahan is easily my favorite coach in the last 3 decades. I love this stay humble, one game at a time approach to go along with the offensive genius. 

I was apprehensive at first... because I had previously liked some SF coaches, and then soon hated them after early impressions.

.. but I agree. I think he's the real deal.. FINALLY. 

John KeimESPN Staff Writer 

Redskins tight end Vernon Davis (concussion) and running back Chris Thompson (toe) were ruled out for Sunday's game vs. San Francisco. Corner Josh Norman (thigh/hand) is questionable. Also out: safety Deshazor Everett (ankle), guard Wes Martin (chest) and linebacker Josh Harvey-Clemons (hamstring).

2 hours ago, oldman9er said:
9 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

Shanahan is easily my favorite coach in the last 3 decades. I love this stay humble, one game at a time approach to go along with the offensive genius. 

I was apprehensive at first... because I had previously liked some SF coaches, and then soon hated them after early impressions.

.. but I agree. I think he's the real deal.. FINALLY. 

He's been the real deal the whole time, our team has just been terrible. His clock management, time outs, challenges, 4th down attempts have always been executed well (as in, he makes the right decision in these situations) 

He's 11-2 with Garoppolo

4-20 with Brian hoyer, cj beathard and Nick Mullens 

We weren't as bad as we were when Nolan was hired, but it's pretty damn close. We only have 4-5 guys on the roster today that were here when he got here (Staley, tartt, ward, AA, Kyle Nelson?) 

I mean, think about that. 3 off-seasons, 49 new players. 

1 hour ago, N4L said:

He's been the real deal the whole time, our team has just been terrible. His clock management, time outs, challenges, 4th down attempts have always been executed well (as in, he makes the right decision in these situations) 

He's 11-2 with Garoppolo

4-20 with Brian hoyer, cj beathard and Nick Mullens 

We weren't as bad as we were when Nolan was hired, but it's pretty damn close. We only have 4-5 guys on the roster today that were here when he got here (Staley, tartt, ward, AA, Kyle Nelson?) 

I mean, think about that. 3 off-seasons, 49 new players. 

keep in mind in relation to my previous words (like or hate of coaches)... had little to do with success or failure w/l record

• Like 1

Stealing this from MikeT14 (and espn) over on the Skins' subforum... because I can. 

Team Stats

sf.png&h=100&w=100 wsh.png&h=100&w=100
Points Per Game 29.4 15.0
Points Allowed Per Game 12.8 27.8
Total Yards 415.6 309.0
Yards Passing 235.8 227.5
Yards Rushing 179.8 81.5
Yards Allowed 262.6 401.2
Pass Yards Allowed 175.4 267.2
Rush Yards Allowed 87.2 134.0

https://www.espn.com/nfl/game/_/gameId/401127977