Rams Backfield??

Humble_Beast

I blew my waiver load on Darrell Henderson. Just to add some depth. I have four studs and two depth guys. David Johnson, Joe Mixon, Chris Carson, Melvin Gordon, T.J. Yeldon, and Darrell Henderson. 

I actually drafted Yeldon. Didn’t think Singletary would do much and Gore wouldn’t last all season. 

2 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

if he figures it out he has more natural running instincts and ability than brown

I think he has took time adjusting to the zone scheme but has looked good recently

The problem is, their coaching staff doesnt seem to think they should rotate running backs. There is zero reason why gurley should have played the snaps he did earlier in the year. made no sense. If gurley is active, I just have a hard time seeing henderson get a lot of looks in games the rams are winning. If they are loosing, then maybe he will get 10 snaps a game? 

Henderson is more dynamic than brown and it will all be game script. brown is a bruiser. Henderson catches passes better than brown. I would rather stash henderson. 

15 minutes ago, N4L said:

. If gurley is active, I just have a hard time seeing henderson get a lot of looks in games the rams are winning. If they are loosing, then maybe he will get 10 snaps a game?

Both their values are just as a handcuff IMO. If Todd got hurt I think DH has more upside. If Todd stays healthy they offer no value IMO.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2019 at 9:56 AM, Humble_Beast said:

What do you make of it??? Who is the handcuff?? Do you believe Gurley will make through the season??? Is Malcolm the handcuff to own???

Brown's the back to own.  As long as he's healthy and Gurley's not, Brown's the one who is going to get the bulk of the touches.  The issue is (and it's been this way even with Gurley in the lineup this season) McVay's recent predilection with shying away from the run game even when he finds some early success with it.  That and the OL is a concern.  If Whitworth and Havenstein can pull their heads out of their butts and quit with the stupid penalties, the line can get by, but it's not the line (chemistry or talent-wise) that was blocking all 16+ games of last season.

There's value in Henderson, but barring a Brown injury or being in a PPR format, he's going to be extremely difficult to predict when he goes off, thus really hard to trust.  Maybe a spot-starter against a weak opponent if he's needed as a bye-week-fill, but that's probably it.  He's still going to be largely dependent on breaking a big gainer to put up anything worthwhile.

19 hours ago, N4L said:

The problem is, their coaching staff doesnt seem to think they should rotate running backs. There is zero reason why gurley should have played the snaps he did earlier in the year. made no sense. If gurley is active, I just have a hard time seeing henderson get a lot of looks in games the rams are winning. If they are loosing, then maybe he will get 10 snaps a game? 

Henderson is more dynamic than brown and it will all be game script. brown is a bruiser. Henderson catches passes better than brown. I would rather stash henderson. 

Long-term/dynasty, Henderson is definitely a better stash; I doubt Brown's even on our roster next season and I don't foresee any team bringing him in as a free agent into anything more than a RBBC.  That said, Henderson, this season, still has those "rookie flaws" that tend to prevent most non-elite-prospect rookie RB's from seeing meaningful snaps: Pass-pro issues, game-speed of the pro level issues, etc.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2019 at 6:37 PM, Humble_Beast said:

What you guys think of D Henderson?? 

Henderson has been on my roster this whole year he has the most natural hands of that backfield besides Todd Gurley. Todd is going to get bye weeks periodically due to the status of his knee imo. 

Making Henderson a worthy nest egg for me to sit on that may be a good spot starter.