Michael Bennett suspended

SBLIII

Uh....not a good look.  Doubt Bennett is cool with this and sending out an apology unless he just 1 day road raged.  

Very likely we end up trading/cutting him.  To be honest, I'm always surprised when we can't figure out a way to work guys like Bennett into our defense.  We play to each person's strengths better than any team in the NFL.  How the f can we not find a way to get Bennett in there???  I get we have very specific plays and schemes but damn... 

2 hours ago, bluemushrooms said:

Uh....not a good look.  Doubt Bennett is cool with this and sending out an apology unless he just 1 day road raged.  

Very likely we end up trading/cutting him.  To be honest, I'm always surprised when we can't figure out a way to work guys like Bennett into our defense.  We play to each person's strengths better than any team in the NFL.  How the f can we not find a way to get Bennett in there???  I get we have very specific plays and schemes but damn... 

His play has been just fine. Nobody on this team has a full time role rushing the passer. No doubt it is and will always be the crappy attitude....

7 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

So looking like around 6-7 sacks on the year = not really that far off his average per year it seems.

Hope they can get back on the same page, or if not they can get something decent in a trade.

Spotrac says he has $4mil dead cap charge... I have no idea how the NFL salary cap works, how does that pan out if we trade him?

2 hours ago, biggbrd said:

So looking like around 6-7 sacks on the year = not really that far off his average per year it seems.

Hope they can get back on the same page, or if not they can get something decent in a trade.

Spotrac says he has $4mil dead cap charge... I have no idea how the NFL salary cap works, how does that pan out if we trade him?

2.8 cap savings this week

2.6 cap savings next week

Why are there trade rumours about him at all? He's been decent, and the D is playing out of its mind. Weakening the strength of the team in order to bolster the offense is a mistake IMO.

Besides, I've been around the NFL long enough to know you don't play fast and loose with your depth. The DAY they trade Bennett away, suddenly Wise will turn his ankle, or Butler will tweak a hammy and just like that a position of great depth is being held together with sticky tape.

I trust Brady to run a decent offence with patches more than luck with injuries.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Why are there trade rumours about him at all? He's been decent, and the D is playing out of its mind. Weakening the strength of the team in order to bolster the offense is a mistake IMO.

Besides, I've been around the NFL long enough to know you don't play fast and loose with your depth. The DAY they trade Bennett away, suddenly Wise will turn his ankle, or Butler will tweak a hammy and just like that a position of great depth is being held together with sticky tape.

I trust Brady to run a decent offence with patches more than luck with injuries.

Whoever is in favor of trading him away, will cry and moan as soon as other defensive linemen will get hurt.