GDT Week 7 | Skip Bayless's Wet Dream (3-3) v Jim Schwartz "Runny Stool" Defence (3-3)

Blahstoise

13 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

DAL — PHI

LT 1 — LT 1

WR 1 — WR 2

CB 1 — CB 1

CB 3 — CB 2

DT 1 — DT 2

RT 1 — DT 3

WR 3  — CB 3

I mean, we’re about as beat up as them.  I guess some of the depth chart rankings are a bit arbitrary once it gets to the backfield but that’s pretty close. 

Hard to believe anyone would use the excuse of being more injured than the Eagles as a reason to lose to us.

40 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

DAL — PHI

LT 1 — LT 1

WR 1 — WR 2

CB 1 — CB 1

CB 3 — CB 2

DT 1 — DT 2

RT 1 — DT 3

WR 3  — CB 3

I mean, we’re about as beat up as them.  I guess some of the depth chart rankings are a bit arbitrary once it gets to the backfield but that’s pretty close. 

That doesnt show the quality of player lost. I think this is a way to down play how bad we are banged up. For example, Peters sucks now. T Smith is still a top tier LT.  La'el Collins is PFF's #1 OL player in NFL (or he was). Like out of all offensive line players.. All 160 starters. 

47 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Hard to believe anyone would use the excuse of being more injured than the Eagles as a reason to lose to us.

He has to build that excuse now in case it does happen but I guarantee if the Eagles lose, on the road, in Dallas that won't be a viable excuse for us. Funny how that works?

38 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

We would find a way to lose on the bye week

Haha damn, didn't realize you all had a bye you lucky bastards. Looking at the Bills game next week makes me cringe. Buffalo basically has two byes (plays Miami this week) and that'll be our 3rd consecutive road game. Ugh.

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

24 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

He has to build that excuse now in case it does happen but I guarantee if the Eagles lose, on the road, in Dallas that won't be a viable excuse for us. Funny how that works?

Ok lets look at the facts:

LT 1 Smith > Peters

WR 1 Cooper  > DJax WR 2

CB 1 Jones > Darby CB 1

CB 3 Brown < or = Maddox? CB 2

DT 1 Crawford < Jerrnigan DT 2

RT 1 Collins > Jackson DT 3

WR 3  Cobb > Jones? CB 3

When you look at the actual players.. Don any of you really believe its close? Like really really? 

25 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

LT 1 Smith > Peters

WR 1 Cooper  > DJax WR 2

CB 1 Jones > Darby CB 1

WR 3  Cobb > Jones? CB 3

When you look at the actual players.. Don any of you really believe its close? Like really really? 

I'll give you losing Cooper is really big, and you can argue individual cases on the other injuries, but the bottom line is both teams are beat up. Going into the game saying there is no way we should lose because you guy are beat up when have been beat up all year is just weak.

Both teams have had their injuries, the people on the field play the game. Depth is an important part of football, the better team on that day will win.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I'll give you losing Cooper is really big, and you can argue individual cases on the other injuries, but the bottom line is both teams are beat up. Going into the game saying there is no way we should lose because you guy are beat up when have been beat up all year is just weak.

Both teams have had their injuries, the people on the field play the game. Depth is an important part of football, the better team on that day will win.

My only point is that we have lost a lot of key guys that make impacts. Here is an example, Crawford being loss is less impactful that Malik Jackson for you all. Our starter vs your 3rd stringer.

On the other hand, T Smith being out is more impactful than you guys losing your top 2 corners. Because your top 2 corners sucked to begin with. 

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

My only point is that we have lost a lot of key guys that make impacts. Here is an example, Crawford being loss is less impactful that Malik Jackson for you all. Our starter vs your 3rd stringer.

On the other hand, T Smith being out is more impactful than you guys losing your top 2 corners. Because your top 2 corners sucked to begin with. 

Malik Jackson was a starter. And ya, you could argue impact on player by player basis like I said before, but at the end of the day this is two teams who aren't healthy going at it. I'm not saying you aren't missing key players, I am saying both teams are banged up so I think using injuries as an excuse going into the game seems like a cop out.

4 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Malik Jackson was a starter. And ya, you could argue impact on player by player basis like I said before, but at the end of the day this is two teams who aren't healthy going at it. I'm not saying you aren't missing key players, I am saying both teams are banged up so I think using injuries as an excuse going into the game seems like a cop out.

It seems weird to me that you are taking it as a cop out instead of compliment that I dont think we can overcome injuries as well as the Eagles. 

Here I was under the impression this was a home game for Dallas? If this was in Philly at the Linc then yes, I think you'd have a hard time winning. Its not.

If anything this is exactly the type of game Dallas always wins. Backs against the wall, HC on the hot seat to where players feel obligated to in essence,  Save His Job! Knowing 4 straight losses,  especially on National Television to a Division foe that heads might roll?

Injuries are basically a wash lets make that clear. Now it comes down to overall Depth, Homefield advantage, Dominating the LOS and TO's. The team that wins that , probably wins the game!

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

LT 1 Smith > Peters

WR 1 Cooper  > DJax WR 2

CB 1 Jones > Darby CB 1

WR 3  Cobb > Jones? CB 3

Impact is different than actual talent. I think your team has the most accumulated “loss” when it comes to injuries currently. I mean, for this game anyway. Outside of Peters, our guys have played like 20 snaps combined this season. That’s more impactful. 

Also, our starting corners aren’t good no, but they can keep our heads above water. Without literally CBs 1,2,3 and 5 we are forced to start dudes off the street. They are a sieve our there without Darby and co. Starting two basically UDFAs is more impactful than your team losing its RT. Those “comparisons” were just a way to try to compare. There’s a lot more to it than just listing two positions together. And also, Crawford is just ok. I’d argue Jackson and Jernigan would be the best DTs on your team. 

But really, what’s arguing who is the most injured? It’s a defeatist attitude. We’ve been devastated with injury all year. And we’ve been competitive outside of that Viking game. Need to stack wins though, everyone has injuries. 

9 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

LT 1 Smith > Peters

WR 1 Cooper  > DJax WR 2

CB 1 Jones > Darby CB 1

WR 3  Cobb > Jones? CB 3

OK, how about substituting the players who will be in the game for the ones who won't and call it that.
Whose fault is it that a starter goes down and some turd goes in?

I mean, the Cowboys and the Eagles are teams.
Nobody should be making excuses that Jerome Brown is dead.
You play with the roster you've built.
If it is top-heavy and are suspect beyond that, so be it.

My God, football is hard and people get hurt.
Carson Wentz got hurt and the Eagles won the Super Bowl.
That was due to building a sustainable roster.
There was no compensation for injury.

If you win, you win.
If you lose, you lose.

Eat it.

• Like 1