Rams CB Marcus Peters traded to Ravens for Kenny Young, pick

AFlaccoSeagulls

Just now, I <3 Faulk said:

Is Young any good?

Last year he showed A LOT of potential. This year he was trash, but we also changed ILB's coach and this year ALL of our ILB's are trash to the point where we signed 2 dudes off the street who are now starting for us.

I think it says more about coaching than the players. I think Kenny Young has a lot of potential for sure.

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

The San Francisco 49ers broke the Rams, flat out killed their spirit. Indeed, it is time to pack it in......Kidding aside, I don't really get this. I know the Rams LB play is suspect in pass coverage as the Niners exploited that all game, but Peters was playing really solid ball this season and Talib is looking old. Not sure what the next move is? 

Peters is super inconsistent and a non-tackler. He's boom or bust and the bad plays outweigh the good ones. He's also in the last year of his contract and we weren't re-signing him. We now get Young on filling a position of need on a cheap deal.

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The San Francisco 49ers broke the Rams, flat out killed their spirit. Indeed, it is time to pack it in......Kidding aside, I don't really get this. I know the Rams LB play is suspect in pass coverage as the Niners exploited that all game, but Peters was playing really solid ball this season and Talib is looking old. Not sure what the next move is? 

Maybe he's just had a bad few games and a Rams fan will explain but I don't think he was great against either the Seahawks or the Bucs? Didn't Evans take his lunch money?

He's still allergic to tackling as well.

He's got a nose for the ball though. That talent hasn't gone away.

Edited by Magnifico

1 minute ago, LeotheLion said:

Peters is super inconsistent and a non-tackler. He's boom or bust and the bad plays outweigh the good ones. He's also in the last year of his contract and we weren't re-signing him. We now get Young on filling a position of need on a cheap deal.

I mean get not re-signing him, but Peters has been mainly good this season and the Rams corner situation is far from ideal. Maybe it was to clear some cap and if they had no plan in re-signing him, guess it makes sense to get rid of him now. 

I mean get not re-signing him, but Peters has been mainly good this season and the Rams corner situation is far from ideal. Maybe it was to clear some cap and if they had no plan in re-signing him, guess it makes sense to get rid of him now. 

Shut up you know nothing. Peters was just trash. 

• Like 1

We just moved off $5.8mil  and Talib going on IR i think takes his contract off the table. Look for the Rams to push for Jalen Ramsey with these moves being the precedessors to that. GOing to get interesting in the next few days. Maybe Trent Williams with the new cap space.

He's been up and down. He made that great play in the endzone but missed an easy tackle on Pettis that put the ball on the 1 vs 10. I want consistency with my corners instead of the occasional flash play. My son knows "Peters" as one of his only words because of how often I scream his name during games. Thankfully he hasn't picked up any of the expletives that sometimes follow it.

• Like 1

He wasn't..............But okay.

He really was. Couldn't tackle, was getting burned gambling. Just had a few splash plays, but ultimately is a liability in coverage who can't tackle and would want a pay day. Comp Pick formula goes out the window when you gotta salvage the season. Rams are going after Ramsey.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LeotheLion said:

He's been up and down. He made that great play in the endzone but missed an easy tackle on Pettis that put the ball on the 1 vs 10. I want consistency with my corners instead of the occasional flash play. My son knows "Peters" as one of his only words because of how often I scream his name during games. Thankfully he hasn't picked up any of the expletives that sometimes follow it.

Not saying he is perfect, but also know the corner situation in LA isn't good either. Just seems like a weird move, but again, if they had no plans of re-signing him, then get what you can I guess. Though you guys would have ended up getting a compensation pick, possibly a 3rd rounder.

• Like 1