Rams CB Marcus Peters traded to Ravens for Kenny Young, pick

AFlaccoSeagulls

Just now, BStanRamFan said:

He really was. Couldn't tackle, was getting burned gambling. Just had a few splash plays, but ultimately is a liability in coverage who can't tackle and would want a pay day. Comp Pick formula goes out the window when you gotta salvage the season. Rams are going after Ramsey.

He wasn't trash this year. Heck, I've watched about three of the Rams games and he was barely getting targeted. I will never argue that he is close to being perfect and doesn't have his faults, but to say he was trash is just wrong. 

If you want to see the Kenny Young experience, watch the preseason game against G. Minshew and the Jags. The Jags were backed up and, on first down, he made an incredible blitz up the middle and destroyed Minshew for a sack and near safety. Two plays later, he blew a coverage and gave up an easy first down on 3rd and a mile, rendering his highlight play worthless.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

Young, Jefferson, Elliot all on IR. Smith has been out the last 5 weeks and Canady just got hurt. We're playing Justin Bethel and Cyrus Jones on defense.

Throw in the fact that Brandon Carr has regressed some to move of an above average player vs as good as he was last season. Having another strong corner will allow us to manufacture pass rush. With Smith back we have a very strong deep corner group, especially if Smith isn’t able to come back at a high level.

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He wasn't trash this year. Heck, I've watched about three of the Rams games and he was barely getting targeted. I will never argue that he is close to being perfect and doesn't have his faults, but to say he was trash is just wrong. 

He single handedly gave up two TDs in the Seattle game. He flat out stayed away from tackling situations against Carolina. He was ABUSED vs Tampa Bay. Trash is subjectve and a one mans trash is now the Ravens treasure. 

We literally started a guy we signed off his couch the past 2 weeks over a healthy Kenny Young so that should tell you how much he was in our plans going forward. If we drafted a late round ILB this year he almost assuredly doesn't make the team next training camp

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean get not re-signing him, but Peters has been mainly good this season and the Rams corner situation is far from ideal. Maybe it was to clear some cap and if they had no plan in re-signing him, guess it makes sense to get rid of him now. 

Peters has not been good this season. 

6 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

He single handedly gave up two TDs in the Seattle game. He flat out stayed away from tackling situations against Carolina. He was ABUSED vs Tampa Bay. Trash is subjectve and a one mans trash is now the Ravens treasure. 

Single handedly gave up two TDs? If you think he gave up that deep bomb to Metcalf then that is just wrong. 

1 minute ago, dante9876 said:

Peters has not been good this season. 

I'll take Marcus Peters as my teams 4th CB. We're not expecting the dude to be a shutdown corner. We just need to not play Cyrus Jones and Justin Bethel.

Edited by M.10.E
  • Like 2