Marcus Peters traded to Ravens

M.10.E

I wonder if the team was never as high on Young last season as we were. Otherwise this seems like a meteoric fall... but Peters is (was?) good at least. If he still is a plus I worry about signing him on top of Young and before Humphrey though. Then there's Thomas' contract. The cap is going up but teams still tend to spread the wealth around the team. That would be a super heavy investment in the secondary.

Just now, coordinator0 said:

I wonder if the team was never as high on Young last season as we were. Otherwise this seems like a meteoric fall... but Peters is (was?) good at least. If he still is a plus I worry about signing him on top of Young and before Humphrey though. Then there's Thomas' contract. The cap is going up but teams still tend to spread the wealth around the team. That would be a super heavy investment in the secondary.

Kenny Young has all the makings of a Madden All Star. I highly doubt we re-sign Peters tbh.

Per PFF, Marcus Peters has allowed 10 receptions on 16 targets this year: https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/marcus-peters/9451

He has a grade of 76 (which seems rather decent).

If we're playing ET deep and allowing Peters to play man coverage and jump routes, it has potential. If we're blitzing Earl and playing him near the LoS and letting Peters jump routes, it's going to be catastrophic. Also, if we play Peters in zone it's also going to be horrible.

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Hate it. Kenny Young was a young, athletic ILB with a lot of potential and we trade him away because he had like 3 bad games in his Sophomore year with a new ILB's coach who appears to suck at his job? Sure.

Kenny Young was outperformed by cast-off veterans who had a couple practices before being put in games. 

Athleticism at the LB position really isn't valuable if the player has poor instincts.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

This narrative that Kenny Young is a drastically different player this year misses the mark. That said, I'm more than fine with the trade. We just haven't missed on CBs lately, so I hope this continues the trend.

Well, the team made it clear they preferred Board over him, before he got hurt.

I like this trade. I know Peters has flaws and some bad tape, but he's talented and not on IR (yet) so that's good.