Marcus Peters traded to Ravens

M.10.E

16 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Hate it. Kenny Young was a young, athletic ILB with a lot of potential and we trade him away because he had like 3 bad games in his Sophomore year with a new ILB's coach who appears to suck at his job? Sure.

you're overrating Kenny Young this year just as you did Williams and Bowser coming into the year

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

Well, the team made it clear they preferred Board over him, before he got hurt.

I like this trade. I know Peters has flaws and some bad tape, but he's talented and not on IR (yet) so that's good.

Doesn't mean he's a different player. Elite Blitzer, Very strong in Man Coverage, makes plays in the backfield at a good clip. However, he has lapses in zone and his angles are inconsistent. All of that was true last year as well. Team just didn't want to deal with the latter this time around. 

2 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

you're overrating Kenny Young this year just as you did Williams and Bowser coming into the year

Because right now everyone sees Kenny Young as the guy who got benched for Josh Bynes, not the guy who flashed major potential last year and was solid while starting for CJ Mosley. Now maybe there is truth to the idea that he didn't put in the work required to be better this year, but Peanut also significantly declined as well so I mean I just don't know.

4 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Elite Blitzer, Very strong in Man Coverage, makes plays in the backfield at a good clip. 

Are you talking about the same Kenny Young? This is just bananaland colored glasses.

Edited by M.10.E

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Because right now everyone sees Kenny Young as the guy who got benched for Josh Bynes, not the guy who flashed major potential last year and was solid while starting for CJ Mosley. Now maybe there is truth to the idea that he didn't put in the work required to be better this year, but Peanut also significantly declined as well so I mean I just don't know.

I think the more likely through-line between all of that is that we all really underrated CJ and how much he helped the guys around him. I know I certainly diid. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

A lot of players can look decent in limited roles. Once he actually had to be a full time player, he was literally awful.

Edited by M.10.E

Just now, BaltimoreTerp said:

I think the more likely through-line between all of that is that we all really underrated CJ and how much he helped the guys around him. I know I certainly diid. 

From the off-the-field standpoint, how were any of us supposed to know that, though? We really could on grade him based on what we see on sunday's, and what we saw on Sunday's wasn't worth anywhere near what he got paid.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

with a new ILB coach and the guy next to him also looking equally as awful. 

Keep blaming everyone but the player. Josh Bynes looks just fine. You guys keep overrating these mid round young guys every single time. The good ones play and the bad ones don't yet y'all wanna act like our coaching staff is 100% the reason.

Edited by M.10.E
  • Like 1