Marcus Peters traded to Ravens

M.10.E

1 minute ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

I think the more likely through-line between all of that is that we all really underrated CJ and how much he helped the guys around him. I know I certainly diid.

Ugh, this take is becoming the worst of 2019 already. Because the 2019 unit is underwhelming everyone wants to revise history and paint Weddle and Mosley as angels in disguise. No. They were frequently at the center of our defensive lapses and weren't even Top 5 players on the defense. 

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I agree, but Peanut and Kenny both look like trash. Why is that the case but Josh Bynes and LJ Fort come in and look decent, after last year where Peanut looked pretty good and so did Kenny Young?

Because Mosley had all the difficult assignments. Good players like Mosley sometimes look bad because coaches put so much responsibility on their plate. 

Bynes can at least manage the difficult assignments, while Peanut and Kenny simply don't have the instincts and awareness. 

2 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Because Mosley had all the difficult assignments. Good players like Mosley sometimes look bad because coaches put so much responsibility on their plate. 

Bynes can at least manage the difficult assignments, while Peanut and Kenny simply don't have the instincts and awareness. 

Like what, exactly?

2 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

It's easier to blitz than to play coverage. It's easier to shoot the gap than read and react. It easier to cover the RB out of the flat than play zone and guard against both the TE up the seam and the WR shallow cross. 

Don't even bother trying to reason.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

It's easier to blitz than to play coverage. It's easier to shoot the gap than read and react. It easier to cover the RB out of the flat than play zone and guard against both the TE up the seam and the WR shallow cross. 

So I guess this is why Mosley excelled at approximately 1 of those things, and of those 1 things didn't have the athleticism later in his tenure to even do that at a high level? The only argument for Mosley at this point is "His impact on the team extended beyond what we saw on Sunday's", because trying to revise how awful he was in coverage into "Well his assignments were more complex!" is pure fiction.

Mosley couldn't keep up with anyone in coverage, be it RB's or TE's. He was a great blitzer, but again you just said it's not hard to blitz. He wasn't athletic enough most of the time to read and react and catch up with RB's on running plays (do we need to show the Joe Mixon gif again?). Shooting gaps is also part of reading and reacting, not sure where you're getting this "bad players shoot gaps" theory from.

2 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Happy with the deal. I'm still laughing at the fact that @DreamKid called Kenny Young an elite pass rusher.. 😂

......Kenny Young and Peanut had the highest returning pass rush grades for our entire defense. They were Elite at racking up pressures from the ILB position last year. That isn't opinion, it's fact.

2 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Come on, man. I guess it depends on your definition of elite I guess. I was just poking fun a ways. Don't take it serious. 

How do you go from "lol this take is hilariously bad" to "I was just joking!"? If they graded out as our best pass rushers, and Young's grade qualified him as elite from the ILB position, wouldn't that make him an elite pass rusher?