Marcus Peters traded to Ravens

M.10.E

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

How do you go from "lol this take is hilariously bad" to "I was just joking!"? If they graded out as our best pass rushers, and Young's grade qualified him as elite from the ILB position, wouldn't that make him an elite pass rusher?

My guy. I was poking fun at dream kid. Didn't mean I was kidding about thinking it's funny that K Young is an elite pass rusher. I just don't see him as being that valuable. He was a healthy scratch. Nothing says Elite like a coach saying "don't even dress today" 

Edited by baltimoreRebel
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

So I guess this is why Mosley excelled at approximately 1 of those things, and of those 1 things didn't have the athleticism later in his tenure to even do that at a high level? The only argument for Mosley at this point is "His impact on the team extended beyond what we saw on Sunday's", because trying to revise how awful he was in coverage into "Well his assignments were more complex!" is pure fiction.

Mosley couldn't keep up with anyone in coverage, be it RB's or TE's. He was a great blitzer, but again you just said it's not hard to blitz. He wasn't athletic enough most of the time to read and react and catch up with RB's on running plays (do we need to show the Joe Mixon gif again?). Shooting gaps is also part of reading and reacting, not sure where you're getting this "bad players shoot gaps" theory from.

I think calling Mosley awful in coverage is incorrect, I'm not sure you are accounting for the how much the leagues passing efficiency increased in 2018. You have to grade him against the rest of the league, and the Ravens fielded an elite pass defense last season. 

You can show me any gif you want. I would advise evaluating every snap of a player rather than picking and choosing evidence that supports your beliefs. 

ILBs have to be prepared for multiple scenarios on each play. A LB who bites on a play action won't even be near a TE who fills their zone, whereas a disciplined LB will at least make it a harder throw for the QB. That's why I mention shooting the gap. Sure, it can turn out to be a splash play, but it's not a recipe for long term success unless you are very judicious about when you do it. A player with fewer responsibilities can take more risks, because if they're wrong there won't be bad consequences. 

Just now, baltimoreRebel said:

My guy. I was poking fun at dream kid. Didn't mean I was kidding about thinking it's funny that K Young is an elite pass rusher. I just don't see him as being that value. He was a healthy scratch. Nothing says Elite like a coach saying "don't even dress today" 

Is anyone here arguing that Young was good this year? I'm yet to see anyone imply that, but that's all we keep hearing about lol

Just now, AngusMcFife said:

I think calling Mosley awful in coverage is incorrect, I'm not sure you are accounting for the how much the leagues passing efficiency increased in 2018. You have to grade him against the rest of the league, and the Ravens fielded an elite pass defense last season. 

Yeah probably because we had the best secondary in the NFL? It was not because of whatever Mosley provided in the pass defense department.

You can show me any gif you want. I would advise evaluating every snap of a player rather than picking and choosing evidence that supports your beliefs. 

Pretty sure everyone here has watched every snap of Mosley's career.

ILBs have to be prepared for multiple scenarios on each play. A LB who bites on a play action won't even be near a TE who fills their zone, whereas a disciplined LB will at least make it a harder throw for the QB. That's why I mention shooting the gap. Sure, it can turn out to be a splash play, but it's not a recipe for long term success unless you are very judicious about when you do it. A player with fewer responsibilities can take more risks, because if they're wrong there won't be bad consequences. 

If all of this was true, we made a massive mistake not making CJ Mosley the highest paid LB ever, because apparently he handled every responsibility in the world.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Is anyone here arguing that Young was good this year? I'm yet to see anyone imply that, but that's all we keep hearing about lol

Okay, last year he showed flashes. He's done nothing this year. Absolutely ziltch. I'm fine with shipping him off. Calling him an elite pass rusher is off base IMO. I thought it was funny. I'm sorry you're offended. DreamKid took it in stride. He's a big boy, he can defend himself. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If all of this was true, we made a massive mistake not making CJ Mosley the highest paid LB ever, because apparently he handled every responsibility in the world.

You need to exaggerate what I'm saying to make my argument look bad. Nice strategy. 

• Like 1

You need to exaggerate what I'm saying to make my argument look bad. Nice strategy. 

Not really. Your argument is that CJ handled all of the complex assignments, so when he messed up it was amplified but when Peanut/Kenny Young messed up, nobody noticed because the coaching staff apparently didn't give them any complex to handle - according to you. 

2 minutes ago, BareYourTeeth said:

Feel that's a little low for Fruit Punch, but I'll take it. Glad to get a Pro Bowl corner who is still young. It's possible we can re-sign him to a deal or possibly get a comp pick, so nothing seems to be lost here.

But I'm still in the we need a pass rusher camp. Also, where did all our CAP SPACE go? We had 9 million going into the year. We signed, what, three people? (Fort, Bynes and Peters) Where dat 6 million go, lol

21 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

Feel that's a little low for Fruit Punch, but I'll take it. Glad to get a Pro Bowl corner who is still young. It's possible we can re-sign him to a deal or possibly get a comp pick, so nothing seems to be lost here.

But I'm still in the we need a pass rusher camp. Also, where did all our CAP SPACE go? We had 9 million going into the year. We signed, what, three people? (Fort, Bynes and Peters) Where dat 6 million go, lol

Peters is on $9m this year - we'll need to pay him 5/8ths of that (as there are still 10/16 games to go)