Marcus Peters traded to Ravens

RamRod

22 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Trade for a 4th round pick frmo 2018 LB Kenny Young from UCLA. DOesn't make much sense unless the $5.8 mil in cap space we just opened up goes to a certain CB from Jackonville.

I have a feeling you're right. This makes sense now we're empty at cb

9 minutes ago, RamPackFan said:

Don't sleep on Snead and Co. Makes sense now that we're completely empty at this position. I think he's coming to LA personally...stay tuned 

If the rumor is true that they turned down Goedert and 2 Philly firsts then I'm not sure we can afford him. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, RamPackFan said:

Nah...he's garbage for the most part to be honest. Huge disappointment

Ranked 15th on PFF. Bes not garbage for the most part. 

If you guys are wondering what you're getting in Kenny. He's a fast ILB who's decent in coverage. Disappears in games a lot. He'll have a great game for you and then disappear for 3 games and be a healthy scratch. He's young and can be molded to your defense. He's a project but a decent player right now. 

9 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Ranked 15th on PFF. Bes not garbage for the most part. 

If you guys are wondering what you're getting in Kenny. He's a fast ILB who's decent in coverage. Disappears in games a lot. He'll have a great game for you and then disappear for 3 games and be a healthy scratch. He's young and can be molded to your defense. He's a project but a decent player right now. 

He's not garbage but he is terribly inconsistent. He is an awful tackler and will give up more big plays than he will make. I was happy about the trade before I even saw our compensation. I didn't want to watch him on my team again. I actually sent that text on Sunday.

Edited by LeotheLion
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Flounch said:

A trade with Jalen Ramsey ? We will give up a 1st and more for him while OL is our big issue right now.

My guess is Chris Harris. Although don't forget we were in on Mack last year as a rental, sign and trade. If it's Ramsey, I see the same situation.

The Browns guy who broke the OBJ trade said Trent to the Browns this week.

Edit: Just looked at Chris Harris' contract. Not so sure.

Edited by btfd16

We'll see on Kenny Young. My opinion on this is Wade wants to stop playing so much zone, but as we saw last year, Peters plays like crap when asked to play press man. David Long is a press man CB. He's outstanding in that role. I'm guessing we're going to see more M2M coverage.

• Like 1

I want Trent Williams, but I doubt that's our plan with Mcvay coming out and saying we're gonna fill the holes internally and trade for depth. 

Peters gets a lot of hate, but if we didn't make this move strictly for cap space to do something else, I hate it. 

8 minutes ago, JonStark said:

I want Trent Williams, but I doubt that's our plan with Mcvay coming out and saying we're gonna fill the holes internally and trade for depth. 

Peters gets a lot of hate, but if we didn't make this move strictly for cap space to do something else, I hate it. 

I think Corbett was the planned fix for the OL. I really dig the move. Think it's one that could pay off in a big way. I'm interested to see if they make another move at CB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

I think Corbett was the planned fix for the OL. I really dig the move. Think it's one that could pay off in a big way. I'm interested to see if they make another move at CB.

I'm fine with it. I do really like Corbett, but I just can't make sense of the Peters trade unless it was to clear cap for someone.

17 minutes ago, JonStark said:

I'm fine with it. I do really like Corbett, but I just can't make sense of the Peters trade unless it was to clear cap for someone.

It makes sense to me if Wade wants to get back to man-to-man coverage. Peters is the reason why we've gone to such a zone-heavy approach. Better to trade him than bench him.