OAK puts K Sebastien Janikowski on IR with herniated disc (back)

Broncofan

43 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

I don't think he'll get hall of fame because if he did get in, it would open the floodgates for kickers. Gostkowski and Vinatieri for a start.

Roberto "Golden Toe" Aguayo is a first-ballot lock regardless!

Image result for roberto aguayo

27 minutes ago, coors said:

When is the last time they had something other than him kicking?

Sunday...

But the last season before Janikowski was 1999, where the Raiders had Michael Husted as the kicker (he was replaced for a few games by Joe Nedney as well). 

On 09/09/2017 at 10:36 PM, Jakuvious said:

He spent like half his career in the bottom half of the league in FG%. Along with a handful of seasons last in the stat, and like 6 in the bottom 5.

He had a phenomenal leg, but as far as kickers go, consistent might be the last thing I'd call him. A handful of years as one of the league's worst, a few as one of the league's best, and several in between.

Not sure I agree with this at all, I don't remember a time when he was among the worst kickers (though i have tried to mentally block out the years around the Bed & Breakfast offense).......... and as far as consistency he was always pretty consistent in that we'd know he'd miss a couple really easy kicks a season regular as clockwork but he'd step up and land the big 50 yard game winner at a time when we only won 4 or 5 a season - I'd say he was pretty clutch in some terrible teams and contributed hugely to some unlikely and probably undeserved wins with huge kicks. He was never the most accurate kicker, even from short range but again as he got older he did improve there and I think over the course of the last 5 or 6 years he's been very, very good for us, I think his percentages are probably harmed from the number of long range kicks he was forced to attempt - I'm sure we trotted him out one game for a 75 yard attempt O.o

42 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Not sure I agree with this at all, I don't remember a time when he was among the worst kickers (though i have tried to mentally block out the years around the Bed & Breakfast offense).......... and as far as consistency he was always pretty consistent in that we'd know he'd miss a couple really easy kicks a season regular as clockwork but he'd step up and land the big 50 yard game winner at a time when we only won 4 or 5 a season - I'd say he was pretty clutch in some terrible teams and contributed hugely to some unlikely and probably undeserved wins with huge kicks. He was never the most accurate kicker, even from short range but again as he got older he did improve there and I think over the course of the last 5 or 6 years he's been very, very good for us, I think his percentages are probably harmed from the number of long range kicks he was forced to attempt - I'm sure we trotted him out one game for a 75 yard attempt O.o

Wasnt that 75 yarder in Lane Kiffin's last game when he knew he was getting fired anyway?

18 hours ago, paul-mac said:

Wasnt that 75 yarder in Lane Kiffin's last game when he knew he was getting fired anyway?

It could well have been, though it does seem like something Tom Cable might have done too, lot of crazy stuff happened then! 

Good Times O.o

Archived