Browns trade C Austin Corbett to Rams for 2021 Day 3 pick

RaidersAreOne

51 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Is Corbett any good? Does he have potential?

He doesn't appear that he can physically do the job at the moment. Who knows what the future brings, Cameron Erving is starting in KC so anything is possible. Looks better at center but not starter quality yet.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

Is Corbett any good? Does he have potential?

He was the 33rd overall pick last year (LOL).

He can't beat out anyone at OT or OG, and the Browns even traded for a backup OG back in August (from Buffalo) for depth.

He's awful.

The Browns have one of the worst OL in the league and he can't get on the field. If he wasn't taken so high, he'd have been cut by now.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

okay so Ravens sent a 5th rounder to the Rams +  a backup ILB for Marcus Peters for 10 games + a comp pick. Yeah I still like our deal better!

Well, as you know the comp pick is contingent, as you wont get a pick for mosely as you signed thomas. but yeah, it could work out great.  

10 minutes ago, patman said:

Well, as you know the comp pick is contingent, as you wont get a pick for mosely as you signed thomas. but yeah, it could work out great.  

IIRC, we will absolutely be getting a pick for Mosley.

9 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Wait, didn't you dislike this trade yesterday? Haha

At first, yeah.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

IIRC, we will absolutely be getting a pick for Mosley.

At first, yeah.

you will be getting 2 good comp picks but you would have gotten a 3rd but you signed thomas, would it have made you feel any better if I said you were not getting a pick for brown or smith instead of mosley.    

Just now, patman said:

you will be getting 2 good comp picks but you would have gotten a 3rd but you signed thomas, would it have made you feel any better if I said you were not getting a pick for brown or smith instead of mosley.    

So what was the point of you saying we won't be getting a comp. pick for Mosley? lol

And again, if we get 10 games of Peters + a comp pick when he's inevitably signed elsewhere next year I'm cool with that. If we sign him long-term to be the #2 next to Humphrey, I'm also cool with that considering we gave up next to nothing for him.

6 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

So what was the point of you saying we won't be getting a comp. pick for Mosley? lol

And again, if we get 10 games of Peters + a comp pick when he's inevitably signed elsewhere next year I'm cool with that. If we sign him long-term to be the #2 next to Humphrey, I'm also cool with that considering we gave up next to nothing for him.

you don't understand why I only picked on name out of three? why would it even matter what name I picked?  the scenario I painted was valid. If you don't sign a Free agent and he walks the deal is a good deal for the Ravens.  If he returns to play like he did for the for KC his first three years, you get a real good to great deal. If he plays like the last two years and you sign him for 10 mill you get a bad deal.   I like peters, he is skilled, but he is just too grabby and with the way they call PI now, he is just not as effective.  

7 hours ago, Activated10 said:

What an embarrassing pick by John Dorsey. Didn't he pick him because he dominated Senior Bowl lmao. 

Everyone ****ting on Corbett but before the draft, he was getting a lot of attention and for good reason.  I know I thought he was going to be pretty good and was disappointed when the Browns took him before the Bucs pick.

Now everyone AFTER the fact he didn't work out wants to pile on and laugh saying it was a bad pick.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

Everyone ****ting on Corbett but before the draft, he was getting a lot of attention and for good reason.  I know I thought he was going to be pretty good and was disappointed when the Browns took him before the Bucs pick.

Now everyone AFTER the fact he didn't work out wants to pile on and laugh saying it was a bad pick.

I loved the other 3 top 4 picks the Browns had so I assumed it was probably a decent pick even though I really had no clue. I was hoping for Chubb when we took Corbett but we got him anyway so I was happy. A lot of Browns fans who scout a lot of players weren't thrilled though but 2nd round picks aren't much more than coin flips for the best scouts so who cares if you miss them from time to time.