Trent Williams anyone???

buno67

20 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

We spent two 5th round picks on Wyatt Teller at some point he's got to see the field on the right-side when Chris Hubbard and Eric Kush struggling.

Our OLine compared to OLine play in the league has been average. Not catastrophic, bad at times, but honestly mostly solid. 

To give up Njoku (a sometimes Baker security blanket), Higgins (an often Baker security blanket), a 1st, and 3rd round pick for a 2 years of a  LT that may not even pass a physical would be a true "Panic" move.

There'd be more value to have a 22nd overall pick and trade down a few times and then completely out of the 1st round get tons of 2nds, 3rds, 4ths and maybe a future 1st and take 5-6 swings at OL, TE, and WR. 

50% hit rate means we could get 3 players that would likely be around for more than 2 years.

It feels like we need to throw all our eggs in this year's basket in a panic, but we have to really build this thing for the future and build out our draft capital as we don't know what becomes of players like Greedy and Denzel or some of these young players.

I've gotta strongly disagree with that. They aren't the absolute worst, but certainly well below average. They're decent at run blocking but they're straight up bad at pass protection. Fixing the OL wouldn't fix all of our problems, but it would certainly help quite a bit.

10 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I've gotta strongly disagree with that. They aren't the absolute worst, but certainly well below average. They're decent at run blocking but they're straight up bad at pass protection. Fixing the OL wouldn't fix all of our problems, but it would certainly help quite a bit.

Well .. it might feel like that (that our OL is below average ) .. it certainly does feel like that to me as well.. and I certainly haven't been able to watch all the OLines in the league, but just purely off of numbers and analytics wise (of course numbers don't tell the full story), our OL is indeed Average and just above middle of the pack on a variety of Efficiency indices.

9 minutes ago, DawgX said:

When Baker is not running into sacks and climbing the pocket.......we dont give up sacks, even against GOOD NFL D's.....see Baltimore and Seattle....

I think plugging in Wyatt Teller at RG is going to have a bigger impact then people think.

I also like to Campeen (AHC) working with the boys a bit more.

We gave up 0 sacks vs Seattle......and now talking about trading a BUNCH of young talent and 1rst and 2nd round  picks for a 31 Yo LT, who is in stage 3 of the NFL substance abuse program, and has not played 16 games in 5 seasons. True he can be dominant when playing and healthy....but how much more of that do you get from a 31 Yo LT, who is in stage 3 of the NFL substance abuse program, and has not played 16 games in 5 seasons.....people's knee and back health usually dosent improve with age...

I like Dorsey.....I wasnt mad with cutting Carl Nassib for nothing.....drafting Austin Corbert over Courtland Sutton and Harold Landry III.....but if he makes an ASSINIE deal like this for LT like that is 31, stage 3 and hasnt played 16 games since 2014....Houston we have a problem....

Me and my BOY....my best friend who's a HUGE SKINS fan are not even talking right now....because of his insanity in what he things they should be getting......

I told him plane and simple...."Does Trent Williams have value.....yes.....could he help us IF he's healthy....ABSOLUTELY....but here's the rub...his track record of being hurt the past 5 seasons IN A ROW shows he wont be healthy....and 2. at age 31 he is NOT the FUTURE at LT....with that being said...there is NO talk about a 1rst round pick OR any player with potential to be the Future at a position (Njoku, Ward etc)..those things are not on my mind."

He said he'd call me and say Njoku + 1rst and 3rd or he's hanging up the phone.....

I told him I would have hung up when he told me that....

54 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

When Baker is not running into sacks and climbing the pocket.......we dont give up sacks, even against GOOD NFL D's.....see Baltimore and Seattle....

I think plugging in Wyatt Teller at RG is going to have a bigger impact then people think.

I also like to Campeen (AHC) working with the boys a bit more.

We gave up 0 sacks vs Seattle......and now talking about trading a BUNCH of young talent and 1rst and 2nd round  picks for a 31 Yo LT, who is in stage 3 of the NFL substance abuse program, and has not played 16 games in 5 seasons. True he can be dominant when playing and healthy....but how much more of that do you get from a 31 Yo LT, who is in stage 3 of the NFL substance abuse program, and has not played 16 games in 5 seasons.....people's knee and back health usually dosent improve with age...

I like Dorsey.....I wasnt mad with cutting Carl Nassib for nothing.....drafting Austin Corbert over Courtland Sutton and Harold Landry III.....but if he makes an ASSINIE deal like this for LT like that is 31, stage 3 and hasnt played 16 games since 2014....Houston we have a problem....

Baltimore's defense honestly isn't very good this year - at least not their pass rush. Our OL can survive against teams with a lackluster pass rush, which is what teams like Baltimore, Seattle and the Jets have. Teams with a solid to good pass rush gives our OL a lot more problems.

Trent Williams for 1st rounder +

VS.

Laremy Tunsil and Kenny Stills for 2, 1st rounders +

Tunsil is playing at an elite level battling through a foot injury and Stills was catching deep balls like he does before going down with a hammy. Tunsil and Jalen Ramsey types are young and elite. No matter the contract stuff they are worth 2, 1st rounders every day of the week especially if those firsts are 22nd pick to 32nd range.

Much rather have done the Tunsil+Stills trade followed by the Ramsey trade instead of giving up a 1st or really even a 2nd for an elite player in Trent Williams. Stills was the perfect boundary deep threat speed who already had chemistry and worked with Baker in the offseason. Tunsil would be a top 3 LT for the next 7 years if not more. 

I said it then when everyone was poo pooing it but the Texans gave up a ton but what they got in return was special value for their team and franchise QB. A missed opportunity if we end up doing the Williams deal.

Edited by Mind Character

3 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Me and my BOY....my best friend who's a HUGE SKINS fan are not even talking right now....because of his insanity in what he things they should be getting......

I told him plane and simple...."Does Trent Williams have value.....yes.....could he help us IF he's healthy....ABSOLUTELY....but here's the rub...his track record of being hurt the past 5 seasons IN A ROW shows he wont be healthy....and 2. at age 31 he is NOT the FUTURE at LT....with that being said...there is NO talk about a 1rst round pick OR any player with potential to be the Future at a position (Njoku, Ward etc)..those things are not on my mind."

He said he'd call me and say Njoku + 1rst and 3rd or he's hanging up the phone.....

I told him I would have hung up when he told me that....

Ok, well you have to realize where your friend is coming from.  He's the best player on the Redskins roster.  Redskins fans do not want Trent Williams gone from the roster, they want Bruce Allen gone from the building.  

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Ok, well you have to realize where your friend is coming from.  He's the best player on the Redskins roster.  Redskins fans do not want Trent Williams gone from the roster, they want Bruce Allen gone from the building.  

Quite aware of that.....I live in the DMV area...and getting ready to head home and listen to the last hour of Chad Dukes vs. The World.

And I get that they want to keep their LT, but if he's not going to play.....and I respect yall for saying "Play for US or retire!!!" BUT IF they are going to try and turn him into an asset to help a franchise in the middle of a rebuild...then ask for something sensible.......even when were all projecting here LOL. 1rst + 3rd + Ward or Njoku is almost offensive.

I've seen you posting for a while MKnight82 and I respect you....I think we've had some back and forths in the past, and got pretty heated, but your opinions are solid and I enjoyed debating with you.

1 minute ago, DaWg_LB. said:

1rst + 3rd + Ward or Njoku is almost offensive.

From what I can tell this came from some Browns blog writer looking for clickbait.  Redskins fans did not bring this up.  It sounds like nonsense.  Every legit news source has said Bruce Allen won't even discuss trading Trent Williams with other GMs.  So for someone to act like compensation was discussing is likely BS.  

• Like 1