Bryce Love?

daskins

8 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Actually - he's not on the PUP, nor I R. He's on the "Active -NFI " list.

(non-football injury ) cause it didn't happen in the NFL. Means he can be activated anytime he's medically cleared. 

Which means, if I'm the Redskins, I'm looking to not get him cleared this year. 

• Like 1

On 10/16/2019 at 12:48 PM, RSkinGM said:

Actually - he's not on the PUP, nor I R. He's on the "Active -NFI " list.

(non-football injury ) cause it didn't happen in the NFL. Means he can be activated anytime he's medically cleared. 

https://www.hogshaven.com/2018/7/27/17621610/pup-ir-and-nfi-exploring-the-different-designations

The Non-Football Injury list has rules that closely adhere to those in the Active/PUP and Reserve/PUP, but it is classified differently. The most obvious inclusion would be injuries suffered off the football field (game AND practice fields).

If a player gets hurt away from team activities, the team would be eligible to place him on the NFI list. This is what the Redskins did this week with Josh Holsey, who apparently injured his foot when a table dropped on it.

Additionally, a draft pick who sustained any injuries before being selected by his NFL team can be placed on this list. This covers ANY injury suffered before the draft, including injuries on the football field at the collegiate level. A good example of this was Jaylon Smith of the Cowboys who was injured at the time he was drafted, and started his career on the NFI list, even though his injury happened on a football field. Since it happened in College, he qualified for NFI.

One notable difference between the NFI and PUP lists is that the team has the right to not pay base salary to a player on the NFI list. The idea is that if a player suffered his injury outside the purview of the team, they should not be responsible for his salary. This provision applied to Junior Galette when he got injured working out on his own, away from the team facility in 2016.

So, the Preseason/NFI -> Reserve/NFI  is essentially equivalent to Preseason/PUP -> Reserve/PUP list transfers: the player cannot practice/play with the team for the first six weeks.

1 hour ago, Woz said:

https://www.hogshaven.com/2018/7/27/17621610/pup-ir-and-nfi-exploring-the-different-designations

So, the Preseason/NFI -> Reserve/NFI  is essentially equivalent to Preseason/PUP -> Reserve/PUP list transfers: the player cannot practice/play with the team for the first six weeks.

He's not on the reserve - he's on the NFI-ACTIVE .

Just now, RSkinGM said:

He's not on the reserve - he's on the NFI-ACTIVE .

Sorry, had the name wrong. Reserve/NFI is the preseason list. Active/NFI is the regular season list.

In any event, he was not eligible to play or practice until this week. The fact he's still on the list means he has until week 9 to come off it or he switches to IR (which I suspect is more likely).

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

Sorry, had the name wrong. Reserve/NFI is the preseason list. Active/NFI is the regular season list.

In any event, he was not eligible to play or practice until this week. The fact he's still on the list means he has until week 9 to come off it or he switches to IR (which I suspect is more likely).

O K, thanks. Confusing rules.