Jalen Ramsey traded to the Rams

Scalamania

Just now, The LBC said:

That reads, to me at least, like the sentiment Ramsey was getting was that Coughlin didn't want to pay him like he wanted, regardless of whether Khan greenlit it or not.  Ultimately may have been a confidence/"feeling valued" (that could be chalked up to ego, I suppose, but we seen it many times over in the past across the league, especially with star players) issue with regard to Coughlin, personally and professionally, as well as a belief (could be unfounded, might not have been) over who the organization would choose to side/stick with if it ever came to nut-chopping time.

Yep, and from the sounds of it Ramsey won that battle. It also sounds like there's a decent chance Coughlins out regardless after this year, especially with Khan's decision to back Jalen.

16 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Not trying to be a Richard in this, but who was the last 1st rounder the Jags drafted that they actually paid a top-dollar 2nd contract to as opposed to letting them walk in free agency?  I genuinely can't remember.  And while that might be more of a condemnation of Gene Smith's drafting in the past, it's difficult to argue that the trend wasn't visible that Ramsey had reason to believe he was never going to see the contract he wanted in Duval.  While the Rams will have to get creative with cap structure moving forward, the money is there and the cap space is there next year and the year after to pay him, and they just shelled out three top-tier-positional contracts to their own, so that would suggest more reason to have confidence he'd be paid lucratively in LA as long as his play doesn't fall off (like Marcus Peters' did).

In fairness that has a lot more to do with them not drafting anyone good in the first round for like a decade.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Forge said:

Debating on whether or not I should congratulate the Eagles on their acquisition of Chris Harris or Patrick Peterson now, or wait until it actually happens

Talk it into existence please,  regardless of what 11Sanchez11 says. 😎

Edited by Nabbs4u

5 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

In fairness that has a lot more to do with them not drafting anyone good in the first round for like a decade.

yea, that reasoning doesnt make much sense. Its one thing if they dont pay anyone but as long as they giving out contracts its extemely thin to say they arent paying st round guys.

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Nope broncos gonna shock the world...

You'd be completely delusional 2 weeks ago...but with that sieve-like KC D with all their main pieces out, and Mahomes hurting (it's gotta be a HAS he's trying to play through IMO)....it's going to be a tight contest for sure.

• Like 1

Just now, Broncofan said:

You'd be completely delusional 2 weeks ago...but with that sieve-like KC D with all their main pieces out, and Mahomes hurting (it's gotta be a HAS he's trying to play through IMO)....it's going to be a tight contest for sure.

Heh... 2 weeks is 2 weeks

Gotta feature the run game and get after Pat. It'll be fun.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

I think your 1 Steelers pick is going to worth = or > than 2 picks from the Rams. And Jalen is a far better player.

So I guess I am saying the Dolphins still have the biggest DB trade win

I mean, it's close but I'd agree.

I'm more just confused by what the Rams are doing here. How are they going to pay all these superstars?