Jalen Ramsey traded to the Rams

Scalamania

Love the player, hate the diva he turned out to be. I think he will be better in LA with Donald collapsing the pocket and Phillips running the defense instead of Wash.

The 2 1sts are going to be late (at best early 20s) so I'm not sure it's a great haul for the talent. Given the situation? I suppose. But highly doubt the Jags get close to Ramsey with any of those three picks...maybe even combined.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

lol 

check back with me in 3 years. No crap the team is better TODAY after acquiring a player like Mack and vs the 1st round picks they wouldn't have made yet. The NFL is more than a year long...

The old "I'm not right now but just you wait till later" play. Yeah, I'll mark my calendar to check with you in 3 years. 

Any Bears fans will say they love that trade. Raiders might like it too because they were rebuilding. Both teams got what they were after. 

1 hour ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Also, how is trading for a top 2-3 CB desperate? I thought this was impossible when Jerry said it. 

Thats a lockdown corner brother you only dream of drafting those. Rams have Jalen and Donald. A dream.

Be careful of dream teams, I heard they are not all that and a bag of potato chips

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Speedyg said:

The 2  1sts are going to be late (at best early 20s) so I'm not sure it's a great haul for the talent.

Total draft value traded is somewhere between 11th and 5th pick depending on Rams record, that's about where you'd find a Ramsey- type player
This way, the Rams know who they are getting and they get multiple games in 2019 from Ramsey - something they won't get from a 2020 pick.
And via Ramsey, they might get as many as 26 games out of the 2021 pick... before the draft even happens. Those aren't reasons to do the deal, but they do factor into the decision. And with the Rams moving into Kroenke-World, they are sparing no expense in building this team here and now

3 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

I'm a CPA, I think I know the concept of future value. I don't see how that applies here. 

Really?

"Future value is the value of an asset at a specific date."

You don't seem to realize there's an inversion between:

(a) The value of Khalil Mack + his contract

vs

(b) The value of 2019 and 2020 1st and 2nd round draft picks

as the arrow of time flies forward from 2018 to 2028.

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

What does being a Bucs fan have to do with now being a Rams Fan? You a closet Ramsey Stalker? FSU Fan?

What type of assumption is that. Been a bucs fan since ‘98. been a LA resident for two years now thinking about switching teams since their FO looking real competent. 

Seems a little desperate from the Rams, after getting smacked by a division opponent. They have Goff, Gurley and Donald at top dollar contracts and will soon have to add Ramsey to that list. Ramsey and Donald on the same defense is intriguing, but I don’t like how this will effect them long term. 2 1’s and a 4th are some quality assets. Draft picks are gold and your only real shot at developing depth when you are so top heavy salary cap wise. We will see though, do you ever really lose by adding a top talent like Ramsey at a crucial position like CB? Love the return for the Jags. 

26 minutes ago, Speedyg said:

Love the player, hate the diva he turned out to be. I think he will be better in LA with Donald collapsing the pocket and Phillips running the defense instead of Wash.

The 2 1sts are going to be late (at best early 20s) so I'm not sure it's a great haul for the talent. Given the situation? I suppose. But highly doubt the Jags get close to Ramsey with any of those three picks...maybe even combined.

I don't think there a re a sho in to make the playoffs. They are #15 now and in 3rd place in thier division.  I see him as an upgrade to peters, but they just lost Talib for the year. 

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Really?

"Future value is the value of an asset at a specific date."

You don't seem to realize there's an inversion between:

(a) The value of Khalil Mack + his contract

vs

(b) The value of 2019 and 2020 1st and 2nd round draft picks

as the arrow of time flies forward from 2018 to 2028.

I can't tell if you are being serious. This isn't finance. There's way too many unknowns to have any idea what the Raiders got back to act like the future value of their assets exceeds Mack + a 2nd. 

The Raiders picked a RB with one of those firsts. What an investment! He's going to have a great future value in 2028! 

• Like 1