Jalen Ramsey traded to the Rams

Scalamania

18 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Hope those picks hit for you. I'll be happy with my 24 year old all pro corner. 

If anything that backs your argument. Wasn't meant to be a slight, it's proof that they are very well valued.

Love Jalen, but truthfully the dad/agent situation is scary as hell. So truthfully, hope he gets that in order/his priorities straight for you. They weren't here.

• Like 1

Just now, SBLIII said:

Good points. I see a very talented player who is very inconsistent, isn't scheme flexible. He was pretty good in 2016, the same in 2018, he was arguably the best corner in the NFL in 2017. Overall has he been a top 5 corner over that span? Maybe. But I think you still pay more for future potential and production than what he has shown so far. 

That's fair. Rereading my post, it sounds like I was suggesting he was a bum in 16 and 18 and that's not the case. As you mentioned, simply much more inconsistent. I really just meant he was not the 2 1sts + 4th round player you would hope to be trading for. 

I HATE using PFF because I think it's super subjective, but CB is a hard position to have great statistical data on. His grades over his career are:

2016:  72.8
2017:  90.6
2018:  72.8
2019 (to date):  59.6

Again, take these with a grain of salt, but to give a general ballpark reference.

Just now, Soggust said:

That's fair. Rereading my post, it sounds like I was suggesting he was a bum in 16 and 18 and that's not the case. As you mentioned, simply much more inconsistent. I really just meant he was not the 2 1sts + 4th round player you would hope to be trading for. 

I HATE using PFF because I think it's super subjective, but CB is a hard position to have great statistical data on. His grades over his career are:

2016:  72.8
2017:  90.6
2018:  72.8
2019 (to date):  59.6

Again, take these with a grain of salt, but to give a general ballpark reference.

Do you have his coverage stats for 2018 and this year?

3 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Are the Rams going to play more man to man? I read they play zone 66% of the time, 4th most in the NFL.

You would think, especially trading away Peters, and Talib going on IR. Now with Ramsey as the #1, and likely having to play David Long more, they will probably be forced to if they werent planning on it.

Its a flashy pick up for Rams fans to get excited about but as an organizational standpoint its a desperate move for a team that shouldn't be considered desperate since they were just in the Superbowl. They are not a corner away from being a playoff contender. Your going to have to pay this man 85-90 mil with no draft picks in the 1st round for 5 consecutive years. You cant build a team without some picks like that. Yes you will have stud corner but who is going to protect the 134 mil qb you just paid or block for the 75 mil rb you recently paid who is now hurt? You now have to pay some FA to fill those holes since you no longer have the draft picks to do so. Niners and Seattle already beat you this year and you still have to play them again. With NFC being so strong Rams could easily not make the playoffs. To me it seems like the GM has no faith in his staff to be able to find solid players in the draft in the 1st round where they arent drafting top 5 because they are constantly trading away their 1st rd picks.

14 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Its a flashy pick up for Rams fans to get excited about but as an organizational standpoint its a desperate move for a team that shouldn't be considered desperate since they were just in the Superbowl. They are not a corner away from being a playoff contender. Your going to have to pay this man 85-90 mil with no draft picks in the 1st round for 5 consecutive years. You cant build a team without some picks like that. Yes you will have stud corner but who is going to protect the 134 mil qb you just paid or block for the 75 mil rb you recently paid who is now hurt? You now have to pay some FA to fill those holes since you no longer have the draft picks to do so. Niners and Seattle already beat you this year and you still have to play them again. With NFC being so strong Rams could easily not make the playoffs. To me it seems like the GM has no faith in his staff to be able to find solid players in the draft in the 1st round where they arent drafting top 5 because they are constantly trading away their 1st rd picks.

They didn't make this move just for this year. Ramsey is 24 years old.

36 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

If anything that backs your argument. Wasn't meant to be a slight, it's proof that they are very well valued.

Love Jalen, but truthfully the dad/agent situation is scary as hell. So truthfully, hope he gets that in order/his priorities straight for you. They weren't here.

Yeah, I actually wasn't trying to be a jerk even though it kinda sounded like it. I do hope those picks work out for you, and even if they do, I'll be happy with the stud we got. 

Jalen's personality is the only thing I'm a little worried about, but a lot of people had the same concerns about Peters when we traded for him. Although he wasn't the greatest on the field, his personality with the rest of the team was great. 

11 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

They didn't make this move just for this year. Ramsey is 24 years old.

Cap strapped and no high draft picks. If you don’t win within the next two years you really hindered your future. You aren’t going to be able to just get rid of Cooks or Gurley abominations of contracts either.