Jalen Ramsey traded to the Rams

Scalamania

4 minutes ago, evilpimp972 said:

The point is " you take your chances when you can!"

Especially in the nfl, first round picks aren't that evaluable, when you have a roster that you feel can win a SB right now. Those picks might be good (or not) but it's speculation.

I think the rams d is declining at a faster pace than Ramsey will help them.  

They should not have set the market for Ramsey. I feel like waiting a week a spending less capital on a Chris Harris who fit wade Phillips scheme was a better play. Or going after PP.

You look at 2 first round picks in a negative way if you suck at drafting.  You can turn two first round picks, and a 4th into 5 picks with trade downs, etc. 

Edited by thebestever6
  • Like 1

Just now, FinSting said:

Rams have been in 'win now' mode for awhile with their huge contracts. Makes sense they'd go for broke with a big trade. 

I understand that. But the odds are heavily against them to win now. Rams line is bad, Gurley isn't the same and Goff is having his own struggles. They are currently 3rd place in their division and 0-2 behind the top 2 teams.

3 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

But at the same time when you are a team like the Rams who was already going to be dealing with cap issues with players like Goff, Gurley and Donald getting so much money, you needed a way to acquire really good talent that you could pay nothing. This is going to kill that, regardless of how good Ramsey is.

Preach on it!!!

2 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I think the rams d is declining at a faster pace than Ramsey will help them.  

I think you aren't understanding the significance of this deal. You know Wade's scheme. What coverage does he like to play the most?

The Rams are still 3-3.  Season is not over for them yet.  It just looks a bit worse because they happen to play in a division where there's still an undefeated team and another team with only one loss.  They have to keep fighting.  They're in a win now-ish type of mode.

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

You had to know better. 

Yeah, regretted it like 20 minutes later. At the time I thought it was for a draft pick, but getting a player back who will probably start for you is not waving the white flag. I thought maybe it was going to be for a 4th or 5th, which would have been less than a comp pick, and would have been just to get rid of the guy. 

4 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

Honestly this is stupid for the Rams.

Giving up a 2020 AND 2021 first round pick for Ramsey?

You are mortgaging the future on a season that is already looking dire. The Rams are going to be in cap hell with very little ability to acquire talent over the next few years.

Not stupid at all. This move just breathed life into their whole team and fanbase. Everyone was *****ing all over them after the terrible performances the last three weeks, now everyone is excited again. 

• Like 1

Just now, showtime said:

The Rams are still 3-3.  Season is not over for them yet.  It just looks a bit worse because they happen to play in a division where there's still an undefeated team and another team with only one loss.  They have to keep fighting.  They're in a win now-ish type of mode.

Next three games are winnable and we still play Arizona twice. Our works is very much cut out for us but these trades today we're a better team than we were last Sunday. 

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Sorry but why don't teams get this done prior. Same with Tunsil and HOU.

jags wouldn't want to allow it in case ramsey/tonsil asks for something absurd, which would lower the amount teams are willing to trade for them. 

I hope ramsey asks for 25 million a year

• Like 1