Jalen Ramsey traded to the Rams

Scalamania

48 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

He was widely regarded as the second-best QB prospect in the 2016 draft, even within the Rams Front Office, but Les wanted him, and I'm not sure if he's better than Wentz.

That's some serious revisionist history.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Is the number wrong or something? 

Yes. That is his entire base salary for the season. The Rams have been paying him a portion of that every week, which obviously counts against the cap. 

Really basic stuff that any NFL writer worth their salt should know. 

That seemed like some fluff piece meant to look like the GM of a third place team is some genius lol 

8 minutes ago, N4L said:

Yes. That is his entire base salary for the season. The Rams have been paying him a portion of that every week, which obviously counts against the cap. 

Really basic stuff that any NFL writer worth their salt should know. 

That seemed like some fluff piece meant to look like the GM of a third place team is some genius lol 

Snead is a good GM. And it's disingenuous to say it painted him as a genius. It painted him as having a unique strategy. It helped get us to the Super Bowl last year. Don't count your chickens before they hatch, buddy 

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Snead is a good GM. And it's disingenuous to say it painted him as a genius. It painted him as having a unique strategy. It helped get us to the Super Bowl last year. Don't count your chickens before they hatch, buddy 

The last paragraph of my post was a little dig just for you, @jrry32 

Doesn't change the fact it was a fluff piece though. 

I've stated repeatedly in this thread I thought it was a great move by the Rams 

(The only chicken around here is Jared goff lol) 

1 hour ago, N4L said:

The last paragraph of my post was a little dig just for you, @jrry32 

Doesn't change the fact it was a fluff piece though. 

I've stated repeatedly in this thread I thought it was a great move by the Rams 

(The only chicken around here is Jared goff lol) 

At least he doesn't flee to IR every time a team starts to count on him. Oh, hey there, Jimmy. xD

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

That's some serious revisionist history.

Not really. I, personally, had Goff as my top guy, but if you do a quick search, ESPN, NFL.com, Bleacher Report (except for Matt Miller early in the process), and WalterFootball had him as the top prospect from the Senior Bowl onward. The Washington Post originally had Goff as the top QB, but Wentz moved up to the top spot after the Combine. The only site I could find that had Goff as the top QB by the time of the draft was Sports Illustrated. Also, you can find reports on TurfShowTimes from the lead-up to the 2016 draft that many members of the front office preferred Wentz.

23 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Not really. I, personally, had Goff as my top guy, but if you do a quick search, ESPN, NFL.com, Bleacher Report (except for Matt Miller early in the process), and WalterFootball had him as the top prospect from the Senior Bowl onward. The Washington Post originally had Goff as the top QB, but Wentz moved up to the top spot after the Combine. The only site I could find that had Goff as the top QB by the time of the draft was Sports Illustrated. Also, you can find reports on TurfShowTimes from the lead-up to the 2016 draft that many members of the front office preferred Wentz.

Yet, the Rams traded up to #1 to draft Goff, and the Browns traded out of #2 because Goff was the QB they wanted. I also don't buy anything out of TST. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Were LAR a Jalen Ramsey away from winning the superbowl, in your eyes?

Last year or now? Even if CB wasn't their biggest need and most everyone preaches BPA in the draft so why not use those picks to go and get the best player on the market? People talk about going and getting an OL but honestly what team is willing to deal any OL that are actually any good? There is a severe dearth of talent across the OL in this league so most teams wont want to deal any OL that is above average unless they get a ridiculous offer

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Last year or now? Even if CB wasn't their biggest need and most everyone preaches BPA in the draft so why not use those picks to go and get the best player on the market? People talk about going and getting an OL but honestly what team is willing to deal any OL that are actually any good? There is a severe dearth of talent across the OL in this league so most teams wont want to deal any OL that is above average unless they get a ridiculous offer

If I were a Rams fan, I'd have preferred to use draft capital on getting that OL sorted. Look at their identity when they were the best NFC team - Goff, offensive scheme, really good OL etc. 

They're NOT a Jalen Ramsey away from winning the superbowl (because of the poor offensive performances at times this season), and apparently it's WIN NOW time because of the lack of flexibility down the line. So I don't know what's going on. They must believe they are a Ramsey away from winning the superbowl THIS year

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

If I were a Rams fan, I'd have preferred to use draft capital on getting that OL sorted. Look at their identity when they were the best NFC team - Goff, offensive scheme, really good OL etc. 

They're NOT a Jalen Ramsey away from winning the superbowl (because of the poor offensive performances at times this season), and apparently it's WIN NOW time because of the lack of flexibility down the line. So I don't know what's going on. They must believe they are a Ramsey away from winning the superbowl THIS year

It doesnt solve their OL issues but adding talent is rarely a bad thing. Making their defense better can help field position which will help their offense as well. 

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

This x1000.

Everyone is preaching that we should've went after OL, but not one person is giving actual options. The Redskins (and Browns) have repeatedly said that Trent Williams won't be traded. Name me another available OL that would make a bigger impact than Ramsey.

• Like 1