Jalen Ramsey traded to the Rams

Scalamania

2 minutes ago, evilpimp972 said:

At least they have something at CB for the years to come, that's really smart.

I agree this year won't make a difference, Goff is bad, oline is bad, Gurley is done...that's a lot. And the defense still will get beat up in the run game.

Our run defense is #4 in the NFL in yards per carry allowed, despite the fact that we played SF, Carolina, Seattle, and Cleveland.

9 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Something for Rams fans to be aware of:

He is no longer on talking terms with his dad who coaches him up until a couple years ago. His agent is in his head and he has a lot going on behind the scenes.

I would wish him luck but it's hard to have a good view of him right now based on social media and his attitude for me right now.

DIdnt realize he was having issues with Pops. Interesting. Probably wasn’t happy with the holdout

• Like 1

Just now, evilpimp972 said:

The point is " you take your chances when you can!"

Especially in the nfl, first round picks aren't that evaluable, when you have a roster that you feel can win a SB right now. Those picks might be good (or not) but it's speculation.

Picks are 100 percent overvalued. But for a corner, to get 2 1sts+, is extraordinary.

I'll miss Ramsey the player, he was elite and a potential HOF, but he also wasn't personally taking us anywhere. 

• Like 2

Honestly this is stupid for the Rams.

Giving up a 2020 AND 2021 first round pick for Ramsey?

You are mortgaging the future on a season that is already looking dire. The Rams are going to be in cap hell with very little ability to acquire talent over the next few years.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Your secondary isn't gonna matter when Goff is forced to throw all game and his OL sucks.

You could make a strong case that we'd be 5-1 right now if our secondary was better. We'd be 4-2 if Zuerlein just makes a kick. We went from an good corner that was scheme limited to the best corner in the game. 

This move doesn't vault the Rams to the top of the NFC contenders just yet but it does give us great short-term and long-term outlook by getting the best corner in the NFL who is only 24.

• Like 2

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

DIdnt realize he was having issues with Pops. Interesting. Probably wasn’t happy with the holdout

Yeah, his dad probably wasn't about that. Sounds like his agent is all in his head and took that role over.

15 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

It just might. Solves some big defensive problems for us.

peters has played decently, got rid of him. Talib is ir'd. How is this going to save the season. Hes better than those two but its a somewhat marginal addition when you consider what they lost.

Edited by GSUeagles14

Just now, .Buzz said:

Picks are 100 percent overvalued. But for a corner, to get 2 1sts+, is extraordinary.

I'll miss Ramsey the player, he was elite and a potential HOF, but he also wasn't personally taking us anywhere. 

They are but they aren't. I've never agreed with the Seattle philosophy of getting as many picks as possible because ultimately those picks have to turn into solid NFL players.

But at the same time when you are a team like the Rams who was already going to be dealing with cap issues with players like Goff, Gurley and Donald getting so much money, you needed a way to acquire really good talent that you could pay nothing. This is going to kill that, regardless of how good Ramsey is.

• Like 4

Just now, Bolts223 said:

Honestly this is stupid for the Rams.

Giving up a 2020 AND 2021 first round pick for Ramsey?

You are mortgaging the future on a season that is already looking dire. The Rams are going to be in cap hell with very little ability to acquire talent over the next few years.

Rams have been in 'win now' mode for awhile with their huge contracts. Makes sense they'd go for broke with a big trade.