Jalen Ramsey to Rams!

RamPackFan

8 minutes ago, pwny said:

Hope you guys don’t mind someone jumping on the bandwagon for at least the rest of the year (or however long Coughlin is still on the Jaguars). 

Hopefully, you didn't pick the wrong year. But feel free to join in. I'm hopeful things are about to improve.

2 hours ago, RamRod said:

apparently a deal has yet to be discussed 

Schefter said, according to a source, that Ramsey isn't in a hurry for an extension, so it sounds like he's content to play on the 5th-year option next year if it comes to it.  Given the money that comes off the books next season (Talib, NRC, and now Peters, in addition to others), it's probably still in the team's best interest to get an extension done during that 5th year so that some of the cap hit from the signing bonus can be absorbed into the 2020 cap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pwny said:

Hope you guys don’t mind someone jumping on the bandwagon for at least the rest of the year (or however long Coughlin is still on the Jaguars). 

What’s your honest opinion of him? Seems to me like the Jaguar fans here view him as our Marcus Peters and are glad to see him leave. 

Props to @jrry32 for saying the Rams will trade for Ramsey. @Rrrrrrrams said Snead should be fired and thats blasphemous because the guy is a genius. I love his willing to make moves and so far it hasnt shown not of working. When people said the Rams overpaid for Whitworth and Woods at the time but has paid off. Like the Rams havent even had a losing season or been under .500 in a season under McVay and you and some others are saying Snead should be fired and the sky is falling. Like its beyond insanity.

I love this move by the Rams to get Ramsey. He will turn 25 this month so he is still young. The Rams now have the best defensive player in all of the NFL in Donald and you can say one of the top defensive players in all of the NFL in Ramsey. He is going to allow Wade to play his man-to-man and also I cant wait to see Long out there. Long on defense and Henderson on offense we will see them both flourish in the same way we saw both Johnson and Kupp flourish in their rookie season. I dont know anything about the OL guy the Rams acquired but if he has potential like @jrry32 said then he could be an underrated move for the Rams that nobody will talk about because of the Rams trading for Ramsey and trading away Peters. Plus the cherry on top is we still can get Talib back later on in the season. I think this is a spark for the Rams and the thing is you take away the Niners game the Rams were averaging 29ppg so its not like they were having trouble scoring they just werent stopping anyone. Even in the Niners game they had opportunities in scoring position but couldnt finish the drive with a td or a fg. So yeah Im loving the moves the Rams making because I never thought we would get Ramsey but I love it. Props to Les for pulling this off. The rest of the season is that much more interesting and it was already interesting but now the Rams are coming. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

What’s your honest opinion of him? Seems to me like the Jaguar fans here view him as our Marcus Peters and are glad to see him leave. 

He’s the best corner in football. Full stop. Lockdown man corner, and in my opinion, he’s the best Corner since Revis. There’s occasions that he’s not a great tackler, but it’s not a major issue.

Fans always turn on disgruntled players, because it’s easier to hate a guy who is upset than to admit your franchise is run like a clown show top to bottom. Jalen isn’t the only one in that locker room that feels like he does (and I know this for a fact), it’s just that he’s the only player that’s both outspoken enough to say something and has the talent to make his grievances known without the diva tag ruining his stock in the league. Dante Fowler had the same exact grievance with the front office, and Allen Robinson admitted that same reason is why he didn’t stay with the Jags, even though he was offered the same deal he took with the Bears. Over the last few weeks, Telvin Smith has posted a bunch of stuff on social media that all but said that he decided to not play this year for the same reason. I’m not going to throw any players under the bus by naming them, but I have heard from someone connected to the team that several other players on the team feel the same way too. I posted in the thread in News a bunch of other players that have had major issues with the team over the last two years as well. The Jaguars are a clown show, and Jalen wanted out. His behavior to put pressure on the team was a bunch of mundane stuff, but it got people big time mad.

I should note that there’s a rumor floating around that he knocked out his girlfriend. It’s been floated by someone who has a connection within the team - who claims to have known about it for a while but only mentioned it the night after Jalen asked to be traded. The person has been right about a good number of things happening, but has also been wildly wrong about some of his claims, and the timing is extremely suspect. Take from that what you will.

• Like 4