The Rams Watch: Move On Up

.Buzz

8 hours ago, .Buzz said:

That Rams team isn't that good regardless. Goff has looked eh and the OL is straight garbage.

They obviously have a shot but the NFC is so good.

Are they though? Packers, Saints and 1 from the West and Cowboys/Eagles. Then there's the Vikings(Still don't buy Cousins when the pressure mounts) then Carolina and 2 teams from the West and the other East team Everyone else is beyond mediocre. I guess thats 9 teams but none of them make me think they are head and shoulders better than the Rams(other than maybe the Packers and Saints)

5 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Are they though? Packers, Saints and 1 from the West and Cowboys/Eagles. Then there's the Vikings(Still don't buy Cousins when the pressure mounts) then Carolina and 2 teams from the West and the other East team Everyone else is beyond mediocre. I guess thats 9 teams but none of them make me think they are head and shoulders better than the Rams(other than maybe the Packers and Saints)

Vikings and Seahawks both have 2 (potentially 3 for SEA) games on the Rams right now. Eagles/Cowboys/Carolina all have the same number of wins.

It's more likely they miss then not. Never said it's due to them being way worse, but there's a lot of competition and they're already behind.

8 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I’m thinking they finish 7-9 or 8-8.

That O-Line is a dumpster fire.

It is but still i think they can beat the Cardinals x2 and the Bears. Dallas, Seattle SF and Baltimore wont be easy but I could see them going 2-2 there. That gets them to 10-6. 11-5 will be really tough unless someone gets hurt for a contender 

On 11/11/2019 at 7:36 PM, .Buzz said:

I mean...this is kinda what i was getting at when it comes to paying CBs.  It's so scheme and situation dependent.  It's just not a position that is on the front lines of driving defensive performance.  Jalen absolutely can be a stud, in the right situation with the right pieces around him...but how much do you pay for that, when it's so dependent on so many other things being right?  When the guy's head isn't even in the right place on top of it all.

You pay guys like Yan.  Not Jalen.

8 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I mean...this is kinda what i was getting at when it comes to paying CBs.  It's so scheme and situation dependent.  It's just not a position that is on the front lines of driving defensive performance.  Jalen absolutely can be a stud, in the right situation with the right pieces around him...but how much do you pay for that, when it's so dependent on so many other things being right?  When the guy's head isn't even in the right place on top of it all.

You pay guys like Yan.  Not Jalen.

Agreed and I’m a huge Jalen guy the 53 man team is about heading towards 1 goal. If that’s not winning and it’s about who’s getting paid, who’s not or if you feel butt hurt over a personal disagreement you gotta roll you need 53 dedicated individuals. 

5 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I still think we screw up the Yan situation 

I highly doubt that.

Worst case we franchise him next year. We have way too many vets coming off the books in the next couple years to let a young pass rusher in his prime walk. 

17 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I think its foolish to franchise him. We should be able to figure out a 5 year deal

Yeah, but it sounds like he wanted to break 21M I thought?

If it's a matter of years that should be easy, especially given how he's playing/Ramsey being moved imo.