The Rams Watch: Move On Up

.Buzz

30 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, but it sounds like he wanted to break 21M I thought?

If it's a matter of years that should be easy, especially given how he's playing/Ramsey being moved imo.

Is 21 so absurd? It'll just be more the year after we franchise him. I get that its a lot but he is an elite level DE. They need to be paid

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Is 21 so absurd? It'll just be more the year after we franchise him. I get that its a lot but he is an elite level DE. They need to be paid

I do view Yan as a very good edge but ultimately the guys who are getting that have put up more production/bigger numbers and the team isn't going to want to pay a guy who hasn't done that.

I know Yan is doing a ton and better than the numbers show, but still. 

They offered him 18-19, wasn't long enough but I think that's better.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

I do view Yan as a very good edge but ultimately the guys who are getting that have put up more production/bigger numbers and the team isn't going to want to pay a guy who hasn't done that.

The point is...just find a number and a term that works.  Get 'er done.  It shouldn't be hard to lock up an elite pass rusher.  You pay them...especially when you've had their prime years on a stupid insane underpaid deal.  It'll fit in the cap structure, if you're not an idiot.

12 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Of course 18 is better and yea its a ton of money but you’re also paying for his prime too. Mediocre QBs make more than that. If we let him walk over 3M thru 4-6 years I’d be super pissed. Frank Clark got 5:104 iirc and while he does have a few more sacks the last 3 years i feel like 21 a year after Clark got 20.8 isn’t egregious 

Clark leads Yannick 33-29.5 since Yans rookie year

Edited by JaguarCrazy2832

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2019 at 9:36 PM, .Buzz said:

This is a situation where stats aren't telling the story. In the four games since we traded for Ramsey, our defense has given up a total of 37 points (just over 9 PPG). Granted, we didn't play the best QBs, so we'll see how we do against Baltimore. But the defense looks like a completely different unit. And Ramsey hasn't been struggling. Outside of one dumb play at the end of a 37-10 blowout (when he was clearly half-arsing it), he has been quite good.

On 11/12/2019 at 12:12 AM, KhanYouDigIt said:

He was complaining about the refs after the game yesterday lol

I'm a notorious ref complainer, so take this for whatever it is worth, but they deserved to get ripped a new one after that Steelers game. It was the most one-sided game I've seen as a Rams fan. 14 of the Steelers' 17 points would not have happened without the refs either botching calls or handing them every close call.

On 11/24/2019 at 6:57 PM, jrry32 said:

This is a situation where stats aren't telling the story. In the four games since we traded for Ramsey, our defense has given up a total of 37 points (just over 9 PPG). Granted, we didn't play the best QBs, so we'll see how we do against Baltimore. But the defense looks like a completely different unit. And Ramsey hasn't been struggling. Outside of one dumb play at the end of a 37-10 blowout (when he was clearly half-arsing it), he has been quite good.

I'm a notorious ref complainer, so take this for whatever it is worth, but they deserved to get ripped a new one after that Steelers game. It was the most one-sided game I've seen as a Rams fan. 14 of the Steelers' 17 points would not have happened without the refs either botching calls or handing them every close call.

Bears, Steelers, Bengals, and Falcons though man.

You have a good unit, obviously having Ramsey helps, but as a Jags fan who had to go through that whole saga I'm here for seeing stuff like that.

43 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Doesn't look to me like Jalen completely transcended that D to me...

(Yes, I realize Lamar is a freak).

4 drives, 4 TDs. Basically just sprinting right down the field on them.

We can all celebrate now,  but holy cow we gotta play ravens still right?  They might put up 60 on us.

22 minutes ago, RamRod said:

Gonna be a nice little pick you get from us. We might split the Cardinals but that might be the only win we pick up for the rest of the season. That 2021 pick will probably a good one too. Don't anticipate the team being any better next year.

Got some tough games but I think you guys get 2-3 more before it's all said and done.

• 3 weeks later...