Tannehill to start

ttitansfan4life

4 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Mariota sucks. His issues coming out are what ultimately made him fail. Sure the Titans didn’t make it easy with the coaching changes but a true franchise QB overcomes that. If he needs everything perfect around him, he’s not a franchise QB. He’s a bust just like Young and Locker. All fragile QBs. Whoever our next QB is, I hope we move away from these mobile QBs. Find a QB who knows how to work from the pocket and can make the tough throws in a collapsing pocket. 

I wish you the best of luck in finding a young QB that can have success in a prehistoric offense where defenses can both drop seven into coverage and still routinely hit and pressure the QB at a high rate.

• Like 3

Just now, titans0021 said:

I wish you the best of luck in finding a young QB that can have success in a prehistoric offense where defenses can both drop seven into coverage and still routinely hit and pressure the QB at a high rate.

I respect you for still trying to get through to them 

I don’t even care about finding a new QB. It’s probably in our best interest and it’s certainly in Mariota’s. But if you’ve watched the way this organization has handled the offense for five years, there are probably QBs who could’ve been better than Marcus, but I don’t think anyone would have found sustained success with a rotating door of garbage coordinators, terrible receivers and inconsistent line play.

• Like 1

I do feel I should note that I truly don’t think the offense is any worse off with Tannehill than Mariota. But that has far more to do with my belief that there are maybe five QBs in all of football that could have real success with a broken offensive line and middle school level route concepts.

i'm genuinely baffled by those of you who think mariota's going to go tear it up somewhere else. he may not even get a starting gig.

to be sure, the titans have done him absolutely no favors, but at this point the things he's failing at are so basic that he'd be hard pressed to find success in any offensive system.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i'm genuinely baffled by those of you who think mariota's going to go tear it up somewhere else. he may not even get a starting gig.

to be sure, the titans have done him absolutely no favors, but at this point the things he's failing at are so basic that he'd be hard pressed to find success in any offensive system.

He’ had just been good for two weeks in a row. Really, he’s pretty much been good whenever the line has played even borderline competently. So yeah, if he ends up somewhere they can keep him upright and he can trust what he’s seeing, I still saw plenty of glimpses of a good quarterback. They were mixed in with some garbage for sure, but I think the best thing that could happen to him is to not play again this year. Recharge. Watch tape. Pretty much rebuild what we broke.

I don’t think he can go anywhere and be successful. But I watch the Bears. Or Tampa. Minnesota isn’t reasonable but god I would love to see him there. And I see places where he could absolutely produce once he’s out of this pit of despair and disaster.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

I don't think he will find immediate work as a starter. But I do think he will end up a starter somewhere else and after maybe a season or two sitting he will come back and be a very good player in a new place.

Thinking maybe Chicago after another season of Mitch. Get some confidence and a comfortable system. Be able to come back and be a majority consistent player in an optimal situation. 

As you are puzzled, I'm puzzled how those of you who feel like he can't play well in the league enough be considered a starter by a team. 

If Nathan Peterman can start multiple games. If Case Keenum can be a starter. If Tannehill can find a starting job then so can Marcus.

A league starved to find any QB and some of you act like he'll be lucky to hold a clipboard. 

He can be a good player in a better situation. He has shown he can. And in a situation with a good OC. Good coach and stronger supporting staff you could see a more consistent player. That can get your team to the playoffs.