Tannehill to start

ttitansfan4life

15 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

OL coach, then Smith.

That's what should happen.

I doubt that's what will happen.

Vrabel already said the problem isn't with Keith Carter. Said it's on the player on the field to do their job. Whatever. I'm just about out on Vrabel. This whole good to great bull crap they fed us only to turn around and be inept on so many different levels leaves an absolute nasty taste in my mouth.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

That's what should happen.

I doubt that's what will happen.

Vrabel already said the problem isn't with Keith Carter. Said it's on the player on the field to do their job. Whatever. I'm just about out on Vrabel. This whole good to great bull crap they fed us only to turn around and be inept on so many different levels leaves an absolute nasty taste in my mouth.

Didn't he so say he had confidence in Santos and cut him a day later?

I wasn't out on him but lately he's almost had a defeated demeanor which doesn't sit well with me.

10 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Didn't he so say he had confidence in Santos and cut him a day later?

I wasn't out on him but lately he's almost had a defeated demeanor which doesn't sit well with me.

He sure did.

This dude is pressing all the wrong buttons.

• Like 1

This sucks. It’s like we’re using Mariota for a scapegoat for this terrible offense. Dont see how you bench a QB after one terrible game and the first game he’s had a turnover all season. I don’t expect any QB to succeed in this offense. Maybe RT can change my mind but I don’t like the decision

If RT goes out there and the same results happen the coaches are going to look like idiots. What would happen after that? 

Edited by 615finest

1 hour ago, 615finest said:

This sucks. It’s like we’re using Mariota for a scapegoat for this terrible offense. Dont see how you bench a QB after one terrible game and the first game he’s had a turnover all season. I don’t expect any QB to succeed in this offense. Maybe RT can change my mind but I don’t like the decision

If RT goes out there and the same results happen the coaches are going to look like idiots. What would happen after that? 

"Well we have to try harder and be better.  Complimentary football. Blah blah **** that means nothing blah blah..."

1 hour ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Annnnndddd I don't care about the rest of football season. Basketball can't get here soon enough.

So you don't want to watch Tank Commander Tunahill lead us to the basement?  

(I don't blame you.  I'm basically dead inside.)

4 hours ago, 615finest said:

No, they won't look like idiots. Tannehill started the season as the backup for a reason. Because he was their second choice. If their first choice performed poorly and it was affecting the team, which he did, even when he was not throwing INTs, and they are forced to switch to their backup, the only possible way for them to perhaps look like idiots is if Tannehill lights it up and it looks like they screwed up not starting him in the first place.

I love the range of reactions this is why I love being part of this fanbase.

My thoughts on this are as follows. I think they had no choice but to go with Tannehill. You can be the biggest Mariota homer in the world and yes the scheme and offensive line need to shoulder blame but Mariota was missing throws a high schooler could make last game. I think Tannehill will be more willing to sling it so that will at least be exciting.

Also I don't believe Mariota is a better QB than Tannehill. He got the starting nod but I truly believe it was simply because they had to see what they had in him ASAP. You don't trade for a starting QB like Tannehill to be your backup if you are sold Mariota is the guy. Also no contract for Mariota should have made that apparent to everyone.

Mariota was on a short leash and everyone knew it. He got pulled as he should. Yes the offense as a whole needs to be better but Mariota was making a lot of bad plays of his own doing. It is a shame hard not to love Mariota as a person but he is done here.

I am fully going to support Tannehill and hope he turns this around. I don't care who the QB is I just want to see the Titans offense start moving the ball and the wins will come as the defense has been rock solid all year.

Best of luck to Mariota but he had his chances. He has not developed which is not all on coaches. It was time.

Worst case this flames out and Titans get a great pick. Best case Tannehill plays average to above and the Titans sneak into the playoffs. All the Titans need is average QB play to get wins.

It is about the team not individual players. Mariota was not giving this team the best chance to win with how he played. TIme to see what Tannehill can do.

• Like 3

I think I've got an idea to save our season.  If Tannehill's slow in reading the defense and Marcus has no pocket awareness, we just need to start both of them, standing next to each other in the shotgun.  When the pocket starts to collapse, Tanny can yell "Run Marcus!" and off he'll go.

We can sit an OLineman because the rush can't be any worse with just four guys out there blocking.

Genius.

Edited by titanrick
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, titanrick said:

I think I've got an idea to save our season.  If Tannehill's slow in reading the defense and Marcus has no pocket awareness, we just need to start both of them, standing next to each other in the shotgun.  When the pocket starts to collapse, Tanny can yell "Run Marcus!" and off he'll go.

We can sit an OLineman because the rush can't be any worse with just four guys out there blocking.

Genius.

giphy.gif 

20 minutes ago, titanrick said:

Genius.

This plan may come to fruition with Arthur Smith as our OC.

• Like 1