Titans name Ryan Tannehill starting QB versus Chargers in Week 7

TheKillerNacho

Just now, SteelKing728 said:

Mariota will probably go to Green Bay or the Rams next year as a backup. His days as a regular starter should be over.

Depending on his salary he might be Eagle TBH. Doubt either Studfeld or McCown stick around.

It will be interesting though watching Mariota,  Winston, Teddy and possibly even Foles playing musical chairs with the FEW teams that don't draft a QB in the top 10? Tua, Herbert, ect....

8 minutes ago, ET80 said:

This actually worries me as a division rival. I don't think much of Tannehill, but I do think he's an improvement over Mariota - which is something that could push this team up the ranks, improved QB play.

We’re screwed, our problems on offense run much deeper than QB. The playcalling is trash, the scheme is, well, not even a scheme, our OC doesn’t know how to make adjustments, our o-line is so far historically bad, and the receivers struggle to separate. And Vrabel is bad on top of it all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

We’re screwed, our problems on offense run much deeper than QB. The playcalling is trash, the scheme is, well, not even a scheme, our OC doesn’t know how to make adjustments, our o-line is so far historically bad, and the receivers struggle to separate. And Vrabel is bad on top of it all.

I don't think you know what historically bad means. Unless you are referring just to historically bad for the Titans specifically, in which case I have no idea, so carry on.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:
3 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

I don't think you know what historically bad means. Unless you are referring just to historically bad for the Titans specifically, in which case I have no idea, so carry on.

Historically bad OL resides in Houston, circa 2002 and last season.

Well, I mean, Chargers just lost to a team starting their 3rd string, rookie UDFA QB....so as long as the Titans can collapse the Chargers OLine...which isnt hard, Tannehill should be sufficient as long as he doesnt make crucial mistakes.

5 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Historically bad OL resides in Houston, circa 2002 and last season.

I don't think either of you understand how atrocious our o-line has been. We're on pace to give up 77 sacks.

That's more than Derek Carr was sacked in 2002, and would be the most sacks allowed this century.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dtait93 said:

I don't think either of you understand how atrocious our o-line has been. We're on pace to give up 77 sacks.

That's more than Derek Carr was sacked in 2002, and would be the most sacks allowed this century.

Let's not pretend that a LOT of that isn't on Mariota himself. I've never seen a QB with as bad as internal clock as Mariota, he's literally got no sort of awareness in the pocket. Moving to Tannehill should immediately improve upon that figure.

Not saying that your OL is good, but Mariota wasn't doing anyone up front any favors. You could clone Orlando Pace into five different guys ...and Mariota would still get sacked a lot. 

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Let's not pretend that a LOT of that isn't on Mariota himself. I've never seen a QB with as bad as internal clock as Mariota, he's literally got no sort of awareness in the pocket. Moving to Tannehill should immediately improve upon that figure.

Not saying that your OL is good, but Mariota wasn't doing anyone up front any favors. You could clone Orlando Pace into five different guys ...and Mariota would still get sacked a lot. 

You sure about that?

Tannehill vs Denver: 16 attempts - 4 sacks

Mariota vs Denver: 18 attempts - 3 sacks

Mariota has his share of the blame, but that doesn't change the fact that the o-line has been historically bad up to this point. Maybe it's not as bad as Houston in 02, but that doesn't change the fact that it's performed as one of the worst o-lines in NFL history through 6 weeks.

• Like 1