Titans name Ryan Tannehill starting QB versus Chargers in Week 7

TheKillerNacho

28 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

We’re screwed, our problems on offense run much deeper than QB. The playcalling is trash, the scheme is, well, not even a scheme, our OC doesn’t know how to make adjustments, our o-line is so far historically bad, and the receivers struggle to separate. And Vrabel is bad on top of it all.

But otherwise the offense looks pretty good.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, 3rivers said:
4 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

So does Tannehill go full Nathan Peterman vs the Chargers or actually improve that offense?

has anyone ever been able to duplicate Peterman's  QB stats or even approach it :o

Doubtful,  but it is a very similar Chargers Defense?

8 hours ago, dtait93 said:

You sure about that?

Tannehill vs Denver: 16 attempts - 4 sacks

Mariota vs Denver: 18 attempts - 3 sacks

Mariota has his share of the blame, but that doesn't change the fact that the o-line has been historically bad up to this point. Maybe it's not as bad as Houston in 02, but that doesn't change the fact that it's performed as one of the worst o-lines in NFL history through 6 weeks.

Taking a snapshot of a performance for a guy who hasn't had action since the preseason isn't really fair on that guy, you know? His timing needs refining, which should come over the next few days with starter reps.

I'm not saying the Titans OL is good, but I'm saying that it's bound to improve with Tanny getting the go-ahead. Mariota took WAY too many sacks out there.

34 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Taking a snapshot of a performance for a guy who hasn't had action since the preseason isn't really fair on that guy, you know? His timing needs refining, which should come over the next few days with starter reps.

I'm not saying the Titans OL is good, but I'm saying that it's bound to improve with Tanny getting the go-ahead. Mariota took WAY too many sacks out there.

Sure it is. He has a job and is expected to do it. We see backups come in and have success all the time.

The only way the oline improves is if Saffold gets his head out of his *** and Nate Davis gets benched. These dudes are getting blown up and pressure is in our QB’s face immediately.

10 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

He'll get his feet wet against the Chargers before we make him look like a Pro Bower next week.

He always looked like a Pro Bowler against us.

Pretty sure his games against the Chargers are near the top of his best games in the NFL.

30 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:
32 minutes ago, kramxel said:

He always looked like a Pro Bowler against us.

Pretty sure his games against the Chargers are near the top of his best games in the NFL.

That's true, coming from a dolphins fan

The Tannehil hype will be real in three weeks then.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dtait93 said:

I don't think either of you understand how atrocious our o-line has been. We're on pace to give up 77 sacks.

That's more than Derek Carr was sacked in 2002, and would be the most sacks allowed this century.

David Carr. I make the same mistake all of the time as well

• Like 2