0-fer starts post Marino

Dolphinmeister

Well since the Marino era this will be the 4th season with a long losing streak to start the season, others were;

Year..……………... Start...………. Final record

2004.……………… 0 - 6 ………….. 4 - 12

2007.…………….. 0 - 13 ………… 1 - 15

2011.…………..…..0 - 7 …………..6 - 10

This is the 4th season in the last 15 years with at least an 0 - 5 start , I would say that the Miami fans base that is left has very few teenagers among them as all they know is that Miami is a losing franchise, so sad for a once strong and proud organization..

Edited by Dolphinmeister

Don't think of this season as a season. Think of it as a year-long training camp & tryout lol. Young guys get on the field for lots more live NFL action than they ever would normally, speeding their development and making them better players for when the season actually starts in 2020. 

1 hour ago, Dolphinmeister said:

Do you think Ross would dump Flores after a 0 - 16 season of he could get Jim Harbaugh if he splits from Michigan at season end.

I don't think Flores would make a desperate move like going back to Fitzpatrick if he didn't think there was a chance he would be gone.

So yes, I think Ross would. Doubly so if he feels he could land Jim.

2 hours ago, Dolphinmeister said:

Do you think Ross would dump Flores after a 0 - 16 season of he could get Jim Harbaugh if he splits from Michigan at season end.

I think “no”. If Ross has signed off on this complete rebuild and a potential 0-16 season, I think he’s going to trust the whole process. Plus, the Patriot’s Way is looking better than Harbaugh’s Way in the 2020 NFL.

40 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

I think “no”. If Ross has signed off on this complete rebuild and a potential 0-16 season, I think he’s going to trust the whole process. Plus, the Patriot’s Way is looking better than Harbaugh’s Way in the 2020 NFL.

Then why is Flores making a panic move like starting Fitzpatrick?

1 hour ago, FinSting said:

Teachable Moment for Rosen?

That your coach will lie and give up on you after one bad game?

I think it's pretty clear Flores is trying to win, just as much as the players. Fitzpatrick gives him the best chance to do so. A lot of people seem to assume Flores is in on the tank, but I just don't get that impression. Going for the 2 point conversion at the end of last game, the way he's used challenges and his willingness to bench players who are sucking it up aren't thing a guy who is ok with losing does.

From the way he talks about Rosen, I don't think he's particularly high on him either. Seemed like he was pressured into starting Rosen in the first place. Of course, we'll probably be back to Rosen next week after Fitzpatrick gets decimated by Buffalo.

I'm kinda mixed on Flores long term. I think he's a good defensive coach, but I'm not sure he isn't in over his head. O'Shea definitely needs to go though. Our offensive talent sucks but his schemes and playcalling aren't helping.

I feel kinda bad for Flores. Gase was probably let go because he was adamantly opposed to the whole tanking thing (recall, he's the one that leaked that the Dolphins coveted Tua in the first place) so the FO needed to find someone to be a scapegoat. I'm not entirely sure the Miami higher ups ever envisioned Flores to succeed or be the longterm solution, and very likely want to pair a new HC with the signal caller they want to draft (but no HC worth a damn will come into a situation like this). In short, they went with a guy who just really wanted to be a HC and set him up to fail.

8 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

That your coach will lie and give up on you after one bad game?

What lie? A few days ago Flores said Rosen is the starter but with a caveat: “I know it’s ‘the’ position and I understand that, but ... if we feel like we need a spark and Fitz has to go in, we’ll continue to do that.”

And now, just like Flores said, Fitz goes in.

58 minutes ago, FinSting said:

What lie? A few days ago Flores said Rosen is the starter but with a caveat: “I know it’s ‘the’ position and I understand that, but ... if we feel like we need a spark and Fitz has to go in, we’ll continue to do that.”

And now, just like Flores said, Fitz goes in.

The one where he said Rosen would be the starter for the rest of the season?

• Like 1