Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

I am all aboard the fire PC bandwagon after such a humiliating loss to cap a humiliating season, but I know there is no chance of it happening. Don't have too much of a problem with that, I mean his first 3 years gives him more than enough of a leash to afford him 1 awful season... but my thinking is more along the lines of how can any coach worth keeping have a year like this? Eh, guess we'll see, hopefully we really can just attribute all of this to atrocious QB play and Mertz will be the savior, but I won't hold my breath.

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

It might not be all on Hornibrook but he was dreadful today.   

This team is a reflection on this head coach - emotionless and listless.  I never understood why so many Badgers fans were so excited by this hire.   When I heard his first press conference after he was announced as the new HC I thought this guy?  If he were any quieter he'd be in a coma.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:
I wonder if Hornibrook made a decision to either wait until spring ball to see if he moves past his concussions or straight up retire.

I'm willing to bet he medically retires and graduates with a degree from a great university. His future isn't in football so it's really not worth his 5th year. Also, it opens the door for a true freshman Graham Mertz to step in immediately or gives Coan an entire offseason as the guy at the very worst.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'm willing to bet he medically retires and graduates with a degree from a great university. His future isn't in football so it's really not worth his 5th year. Also, it opens the door for a true freshman Graham Mertz to step in immediately or gives Coan an entire offseason as the guy at the very worst.

Seems like wishful thinking om your part, but it does make sense. Will probably come down to how much he loves football. Like you said, no future as a pro, but he's been playing football is whole life and this will be his last year to play football. Will have to weigh love for the game with injury risk. Hopefully he doesn't come back and protects himself, lets us try out our young guns, but I don't know...