Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Posted this in the draft decision thread 

Fumbling only real concern... MGIII’s insane acceleration might still make him our best RB prospect, but JT is not far behind and I could see argument favoring him. Such a naturally gifted runner, showed strides as pass catcher. Might not wow w/ his 40 but he clearly has NFL burst through the hole and at full speed doubt many can catch him.

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Fumbling only real concern... MGIII’s insane acceleration might still make him our best RB prospect, but JT is not far behind and I could see argument favoring him. Such a naturally gifted runner, showed strides as pass catcher. Might not wow w/ his 40 but he clearly has NFL burst through the hole and at full speed doubt many can catch him.

Going to be interested to see him at the Combine. MGIII was a straight up freak, saw a lot of him at Bradford, rare athlete. Crazy thing is he wasn't even the best athlete on his HS team, really unfortunate Vonte Jackson had so many knee injuries because he was Michael Bennett fast. Oh and Trae Waynes was on that team too, not bad.

Taylor I think will surprise a lot of people, I could see a mid 4.4 and high 30s jump from him. He's a track guy so I don't expect anything disappointing at least.

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Going to be interested to see him at the Combine. MGIII was a straight up freak, saw a lot of him at Bradford, rare athlete. Crazy thing is he wasn't even the best athlete on his HS team, really unfortunate Vonte Jackson had so many knee injuries because he was Michael Bennett fast. Oh and Trae Waynes was on that team too, not bad.

Taylor I think will surprise a lot of people, I could see a mid 4.4 and high 30s jump from him. He's a track guy so I don't expect anything disappointing at least.

Good point, that background should help him big time w/ his 40 performance. 

Walter has him going #47 to the Falcons, 4th RB off board after Swift, Harris and Dobbins.

CBS has Taylor as #29 RB, behind Swift at #18

I think he ultimately ends up in the 1st unless he has a flat out bad combine. His 3 year production is hard to resist, rightfully so.

17 hours ago, beekay414 said:

And how does that make what I said untrue? There were literally 3 consecutive calls that made no sense, in the red zone, that took 4 points potentially off the board. There's your victory even with the TOs. Just because one aspect of the game was bad does not mean another wasn't. 

I wasn't wild about some of the calls but even with all of that if thee don't turn it over 4 times Wisconsin win that ball game.

11 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, he had nothing to gain by coming back. 

Yes, he doesn't have much more to prove by returning outside of winning the Heisman.   It will be interesting to see how high he is taken in the next NFL draft.  Will his fumbling issues cause teams to pause?

12 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Biadasz going pro and Cruickshank transferring 

Don't blame either one. Any fringe 1st round C grade is an auto-declare, and Cruickshank wasn't getting any playing time at WR. When you're getting benched over Jack Dunn and Adam Krumholz, that tells you all you need to know.