Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

We may get a QB for 2020 after all. We offered unranked Iowa QB Daniel Wright a PWO. He's 6'8" 230 with a decent arm and a funky but quick release. Moves pretty well for his size. He's committed to D2 Sioux Falls but will be on campus February 1st and will make his decision on NSD. 

On 1/22/2020 at 11:12 AM, beekay414 said:

We may get a QB for 2020 after all. We offered unranked Iowa QB Daniel Wright a PWO. He's 6'8" 230 with a decent arm and a funky but quick release. Moves pretty well for his size. He's committed to D2 Sioux Falls but will be on campus February 1st and will make his decision on NSD. 

He took the PWO btw

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2020 at 10:04 PM, beekay414 said:

So Zack Baun is getting some major helium right now after Senior Bowl week. Several analysts have him in the 1st round.

I really like him. I just worst about his lack of length. He will be a beast in a 3-4 or if he’s used like Joe Schobert.

• 2 weeks later...

So the 2020 season should come down to the 3 week run of @ Michigan, Notre Dame @ Lambeau, vs Minnesota

Get through that stretch and you've probably made the big ten championship game. 

Ideal Depth Chart is what:

@ramssuperbowl99

QB, RB, and most of the OL on offense is up for spots.

Edited by AlexGreen#20

On 2/23/2020 at 4:25 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

So the 2020 season should come down to the 3 week run of @ Michigan, Notre Dame @ Lambeau, vs Minnesota

Get through that stretch and you've probably made the big ten championship game. 

Ideal Depth Chart is what:

@ramssuperbowl99

QB, RB, and most of the OL on offense is up for spots.

I'll give my projected DC. 

QB: Graham Mertz | Jack Coan
RB: Julius Davis or Jalen Berger
FB: Mason Stokke or John Chenal
WR: Danny Davis | Taj Mustapha
WR: Kendric Pryor | Chimere Dike
HB: Jake Ferguson | Hayden Rucci
TE: Luke Benzschawel | Cormac Sampson
LT: Cole Van Lanen (I hope not but PC isn't going to bench him) | Logan Brown
LG: Kayden Lyles | Joe Tippmann
C: Logan Bruss | Blake Smithback
RG: Josh Seltzner | Michael Furtney
RT: Jack Nelson (enrolled early so it's a possibility) | Tyler Beach

DE: Garrett Rand | Matt Henningson
NT: Keeanu Benton | Bryson Williams
DE: Isaiahh Loudermilk | Isaiah Mullens
OLB: Izayah Green-May | Nick Herbig (early enrollee - possibility he starts opposite IGM)
ILB: Jack Sanborn | Mike Maskalunas
ILB: Leo Chenal | Maema Njongmeta
OLB: Noah Burks | Spencer Lytle (possibly Kaden Johnson if he impresses in fall camp)
CB: Rachad Wildgoose | Semar Melvin (anybody but Faion Hicks lol)
SS: Reggie Pearson | Eric Burrell
FS: Scott Nelson | Collin Wilder
CB: Deron Harrell | Caesar Williams

Edited by beekay414

5 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I'll give my projected DC. 

QB: Graham Mertz | Jack Coan
RB: Julius Davis or Jalen Berger
FB: Mason Stokke or John Chenal
WR: Danny Davis | Taj Mustapha
WR: Kendric Pryor | Chimere Dike
HB: Jake Ferguson | Hayden Rucci
TE: Luke Benzschawel | Cormac Sampson
LT: Cole Van Lanen (I hope not but PC isn't going to bench him) | Logan Brown
LG: Kayden Lyles | Joe Tippmann
C: Logan Bruss | Blake Smithback
RG: Josh Seltzner | Michael Furtney
RT: Jack Nelson (enrolled early so it's a possibility) | Tyler Beach

DE: Garrett Rand | Matt Henningson
NT: Keeanu Benton | Bryson Williams
DE: Isaiahh Loudermilk | Isaiah Mullens
OLB: Izayah Green-May | Nick Herbig (early enrollee - possibility he starts opposite IGM)
ILB: Jack Sanborn | Mike Maskalunas
ILB: Leo Chenal | Maema Njongmeta
OLB: Noah Burks | Spencer Lytle (possibly Kaden Johnson if he impresses in fall camp)
CB: Rachad Wildgoose | Semar Melvin (anybody but Faion Hicks lol)
SS: Reggie Pearson | Eric Burrell
FS: Scott Nelson | Collin Wilder
CB: Deron Harrell | Caesar Williams

General comments:

1. I'm not going to get sidetracked, but PC is almost definitely going to start with a Coan OR Mertz at QB.
  2. Watson is going to start the year at the top of the RB depth chart. Berger is going to have to work to get listed, and Davis was out a bunch as well. I could see PC starting with Watson/Groshek as the backup, or even starting with Groshek listed as the number 1 guy to try and motivate other players.
  3. I don't see how Dunn and Krumholtz aren't on the WR depth chart. They didn't stay off the field last year and that was with Cephus/AJ Taylor.
  4. Benzschawel just retired. We're really thin at TE. The other backup is probably Jack Eschenbach, but honestly who knows. Sampson or Rucci are going to have to be good.
  5. I think Bruss is the RG and Beach is the RT, but I don't know who would go at C. I guess it could be Seltzner at LG and Lyles at C, but Lyles was terrible last year. CVL is definitely getting the starting job by the way, Brown was hurt for most of the year. We don't play true freshman on the OL, it just doesn't happen whether they enroll early or not. I'd imagine Nelson backs up RT and Brown backs up LT. Projecting the OL is tough though.
  6. I think Hicks and Williams get the outside DB spots.

Overall I think yours is kind of more what you're hoping it will be going into like Week 4 versus what it will be week 1 of spring practice. Like I get why you have Coan/Dunn/Krumholtz/Hicks way down the depth chart, but that's not PCs style. He'll play freshman, but they have to beat out the other guys.

5 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

General comments:

1. I'm not going to get sidetracked, but PC is almost definitely going to start with a Coan OR Mertz at QB.
  2. Watson is going to start the year at the top of the RB depth chart. Berger is going to have to work to get listed, and Davis was out a bunch as well. I could see PC starting with Watson/Groshek as the backup, or even starting with Groshek listed as the number 1 guy to try and motivate other players.
  3. I don't see how Dunn and Krumholtz aren't on the WR depth chart. They didn't stay off the field last year and that was with Cephus/AJ Taylor.
  4. Benzschawel just retired. We're really thin at TE. The other backup is probably Jack Eschenbach, but honestly who knows. Sampson or Rucci are going to have to be good.
  5. I think Bruss is the RG and Beach is the RT, but I don't know who would go at C. I guess it could be Seltzner at LG and Lyles at C, but Lyles was terrible last year. CVL is definitely getting the starting job by the way, Brown was hurt for most of the year. We don't play true freshman on the OL, it just doesn't happen whether they enroll early or not. I'd imagine Nelson backs up RT and Brown backs up LT. Projecting the OL is tough though.
  6. I think Hicks and Williams get the outside DB spots.

Overall I think yours is kind of more what you're hoping it will be going into like Week 4 versus what it will be week 1 of spring practice. Like I get why you have Coan/Dunn/Krumholtz/Hicks way down the depth chart, but that's not PCs style. He'll play freshman, but they have to beat out the other guys.

My bad, I did my ideal depth chart with a little PC mixed in. Forgot about Luke. I knew someone medically retired. 

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

Any way Logan Brown plays a year of guard and then shifts outside? That IOL depth chart is terrible, then you have guys like Beach and Brown as backups. I think Beach is built a little lanky to play OG, but I think Brown could.

It's the Badgers though so I'm sure some prior walk-on guy has tried really hard for 4-5 years in practice and deserves the spot.