Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

10 hours ago, JammerHammer21 said:
12 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I think the Michigan 247 board may hate Loy more than Ohio State,

I think most of us like Loy as a person, and respect his grind on the trail, but the homerism in his Crystal Ball picks is probably what grates us most. That and how many players weren't actually takes at ND/ND never really pushed that hard for.

The Spindler recruitment has all the telltale signs of a major Loy'd moment. Just need for the final domino to drop.

The fact that you didn't respond "absolutely not, how ******* dare you" says all you need to know about what a joke Loy is.

13 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The fact that you didn't respond "absolutely not, how ******* dare you" says all you need to know about what a joke Loy is.

All this talk about Loy made me look for a post I made on the Michigan site talking about Loy but I think the whole thread got deleted. Short version: He had the following players crystal balled to Notre Dame when they committed elsewhere. This doesn't even include players where he flipped real late to save face.

Jalen McMillan, Peter Skoronski, Braiden McGregor, Walker Parks, Kevin Pyne, Paris Johnson Jr. 

That's like 6 guys that were all top 150ish.

10 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Well we lost out on Regan to ASU. Back to the drawing board at CB.

I keep getting him confused with Hallman lol. Thought he had just recently committed and thought "that was quick." :$

Having been to ASU though, I can't blame the kid.

Edited by beekay414

10 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Well we lost out on Regan to ASU. Back to the drawing board at CB.

But in better news, we got Braelon Allen earlier this week.

We just gotta keep Brunner and Hinzman in state too. Hell, keep the top 6 in state. They are all 247 composite 4* right now and top 200 players.

Edited by beekay414

8 hours ago, beekay414 said:

But in better news, we got Braelon Allen earlier this week.

We just gotta keep Brunner and Hinzman in state too. Hell, keep the top 6 in state. They are all 247 composite 4* right now and top 200 players.

See the previous page about Loy getting Loy'd. We were so busy making fun of him we forgot how big an add that is. Allen is the future in the strong safety/rover/star/whatever the call that position now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Any chance we're at risk of losing him?

Kids don't do interviews with a school they're committed to an hour later if they got an offer that would seriously make them flip IMO. I think he's grateful for it and wanted to publicize it, but remember this is the same staff that ax'd Ben Bryant for doing that crap so my guess is if nothing happens in the next few days that means he okay'd tweeting the offer with the staff, which means there isn't anything to worry about.

Oh and on Allen, what the hell. That's just absurd. How many years ago would you have to go back before we wouldn't have an OL recruit who could lift like that? I bet less than 10.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Oh and on Allen, what the hell. That's just absurd. How many years ago would you have to go back before we wouldn't have an OL recruit who could lift like that? I bet less than 10.

He's, what, 16? Kid's got a better physique than most 25 year olds. He's already making Leo Musso jealous and he's not even on campus yet!

Just now, beekay414 said:

He's, what, 16? Kid's got a better physique than most 25 year olds. He's already making Leo Musso jealous and he's not even on campus yet!

The training and focus on diet and everything that goes into it is night and day different. The standard I always had in my mind for ridiculous athlete was Jon Clay, and honestly, these kids blow him away nowadays. 

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The training and focus on diet and everything that goes into it is night and day different. The standard I always had in my mind for ridiculous athlete was Jon Clay, and honestly, these kids blow him away nowadays. 

Yep. This era is just ridiculous for S&T purposes. Kids are hitting their ceilings earlier than ever more consistently and that's across all sports. Probably the easiest time ever to be a scout. It's hard to get it wrong nowadays lol (unless you take Corey Ray #5 overall).